I don't think APache and MySQL have downloaded with wampserver.
Posted by: Arbu (---.20-2.cable.virginm.net)
Date: December 30, 2016 01:05PM

So I've downloaded wampserver. I note "The WampServer package is delivered whith the latest releases of Apache, MySQL and PHP.". But I don't see any sign that Apache, MySQL and PHP have downloaded with it. When I run wampserver it appears as a red icon in the task bar. Clicking "Start All Services" doesn't do anything. I've looked on the Services Manager and Apache etc. are not listed there.

I think I downloaded wampserver from Sourceforge or something. Should I uninstall it and download it direct from the wampserver site?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I don't think APache and MySQL have downloaded with wampserver.
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: December 30, 2016 02:10PM

Please read ALL of this Sticky Document [forum.wampserver.com]

and if that does not help ALL of this document [forum.wampserver.com]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Re: I don't think APache and MySQL have downloaded with wampserver.
Posted by: ciprianmp (86.124.164.---)
Date: January 04, 2017 11:48PM

Arbu, sorry to intervene, but from what you describe, it seems to me you just downloaded a small add-on package and not the full installer. Check again and make sure you get the full installer (you can tell by the name and size of the file).

Ciprian M.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.