Didn't back up database upon Wamp uninstall sad smiley
Posted by: iheartkitty143 (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: December 21, 2016 05:43PM

-I have never used Wamp before or any other file transfer program.

-I am new to all of this and am using it to install Wordpress to build my website I am hosting using Zpanel.

-Upon uninstallation I reinstalled and uninstalled WAMP a few times thinking if I deleted the database it wouldn't matter since I have not used it to transfer any files yet. I haven't even opened the program.

-I didn't know that it would delete parts of the software package I.E: (Phpmyadmin)
I went into the folder "C:/_wamp64_bin_mysql_mysql5.7.14_data" and couldn't find anything that said "phpmyadmin"however there are still plenty of other files in all the folders.

I am unsure of what do do at this point and can't seem to find the most accurate information moving forward.

Any advice besides "It's gone forever" "You're out of luck" would be helpful.

Questions I have are " What do I do now?" "Do I uninstall WAMP and find a new server package?" "Do I just download a new "phpmyadmin?"

I am very new and a novice to web hosting and web building.

*HELP*

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Didn't back up database upon Wamp uninstall sad smiley
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: December 22, 2016 10:29AM

Hi,

Unfortunately, I have no idea what you are actually asking.

phpMyAdmin (a tool for looking at MYSQL databases) is part of WAMPServer. If you have correctly installed WAMPServer then phpMyAdmin is available to use to manipulate any of your MYSQL databases.

So I suggest you need to read up on Apache and MYSQL

For now do this and it might get you started

1. Launch WAMPServer from the desktop icon or the Start menu.

2. Look at your system tray for the WAMPServer icon (a green W it may be in the expansion area, click the chevron to seee the expansion area)

3. Left click on the icon and click on "localhost"

4. Look at the WAMPServer home page and you will see a link to "phpMyAdmin"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Re: Didn't back up database upon Wamp uninstall sad smiley
Posted by: iheartkitty143 (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: December 22, 2016 04:41PM

thank you for clarifying that!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.