A different phpmyadmin
Posted by: lindum (---.12-1.cable.virginm.net)
Date: December 18, 2016 09:38PM

Hi
I installed Wampserver to my hard drive and everything installed OK, green icon in my tray. But when I click on phpmyadmin I get a different page than the one on the Youtube video that Im following.

The video shows a bunch of widows that you can configure. But when I press phpmyadmin it comes up with a page with a sailing ship at the top and a login page.

We are both on the same page, localhost/wordpress , but our windows a different.

Can someone please explain what Im doing wrong.

Thanks a lot.

Michael
lindum

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A different phpmyadmin
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: December 19, 2016 02:08AM

Hi,

So your tutorial is old, or like a lot of them wrong.

Login to phpMyAdmin using

Username = root
Password = (leave this blank and just press the GO button)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: December 19, 2016 09:33AM

Hi,

lindum
I installed Wampserver to my hard drive and everything installed OK, green icon in my tray. But when I click on phpmyadmin I get a different page than the one on the Youtube video that Im following.
There is no need to go to Youtube videos to learn how to launch PhpMyAdmin.
Simply read the information that is displayed at the end of the Wampserver installation:
--- Launch phpMyAdmin
When starting phpMyAdmin, you will be asked for a user name and password.
After installing Wampserver 3, the default username is "root" (without quotes) and there is no password, which means that you must leave the form Password box empty.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: lindum (---.12-1.cable.virginm.net)
Date: December 19, 2016 03:42PM

I thought it might be something simple.

Thanks a lot guys.

Michael
lindum

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.