no services running
Posted by: kirti (---.cable.ubr03.newm.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: February 14, 2006 12:00PM

I've dowloaded wampserver5_1.6.1 and installed it. the problem is none of the services are running. I uninstalled and re-installed it three times now but its not making a difference. can someone help?? I've windows xp if that helps

kirti

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: no services running
Posted by: Robert (---.eburwd3.vic.optusnet.com.au)
Date: February 14, 2006 01:29PM

In several other threads people have mentioned Skype is stopping Apache from running.
I'm not sure why your MySQL isnt running.

What is showing on the WAMP icon in the system tray?
have your gone to [localhost] to see if anything is there?

Date: February 14, 2006 07:25PM

yeah I read about skype. not sure what exactly it is?
also when i start wampserver first time it shows 1 service running but then if i stop and restart the services none of them run. [localhost] shows the page cannot be displayed webpage. I've just now uninstalled and re-installed wamp5_1.6.1 and everytime i do that it freezes at the finishing installation screen. I don't know what wrong. please help

kirti

Date: February 14, 2006 10:57PM

oh my days! I spent ages trying to work out what the hell was wrong. none of my services were working. I uninstalled and re-installed wampserver over 50 times. i don't have IIS and skype. so finally i shut down msn messenger and norton anti virus and guess what IT WORKS!! Phewwwwwww.....

good luck guys who still can' make it work. trakker is right disable all the utilities. no other service should be running at all.

Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: February 15, 2006 12:06AM

WAMP works fine for me with Zone Alarm Security Suite, PestPatrol Anti-Spyware, and Webroot SpySweeper. These programs are always running, and have not caused any problems with apache and mysql.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.