Reinstallation of WAMP, Wordpress, localhost
Posted by: planick36 (---.access.hol.gr)
Date: December 15, 2016 01:47PM

Hi,

A few days ago I had to format my pc and reinstall Windows 7 Pro 32bit. After I installed windows, I realised that I haven’t backed up my local WordPress site. The only thing I did (before formatting the pc) was to copy and paste the wamp folder that included all the folders, subfolders and files to a USB.

This is what I did after the windows installation:

First I installed wampserver (the version I used before the formatting: wampserver2.5-Apache-2.4.9-Mysql-5.6.17-php5.5.12-32b). After wampserver’s installation finished I copied and pasted the folder wamp from my USB to C: so I replaced the new wamp folder that was created. I copied and pasted the whole old wamp folder with all its folders, subfolders, files.

Before formatting the pc the wamp folder was in my C: drive (C:\wamp), this where I put it again and replaced the new one. After the copy-paste I didn’t do anything else, just opened wamp, turned to green, opened firefox, wrote localhost/shipyards and the site was loaded. I also went to Wordpress Dashboard and everything seemed to be in place (themes, listings, advanced searches, menus, etc.).

I use Directory Theme from premiumpress. The thing is that I’m facing some problems with the site (running in localhost) since the reinstallation.

So my question is: how will I reinstall WAMP and local wordpress site properly in order to be functional again ?

Please explain in details and in the right order.

Thank you in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reinstallation of WAMP, Wordpress, localhost
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: December 15, 2016 06:14PM

Hi

Restoring should be simple:

UNINSTALL WAMPServer. Remove any files left in the C:\wamp folder

Make sure you have all the required MSVC Runtime libraries installed before proceeding See POINT 20 here for links

1. Copy USB\wamp to C:\wamp

2. Make a shortcut from C:\wamp\wampmanager.exe and place on your desktop

3. Run the new shortcut to start WAMPServer

4. Using menus do
left click wampmanager -> Apache -> Service -> Install Service
left click wampmanager -> MYSQL -> Service -> Install Service

5. right click wampmanager -> Exit

6. Restart WampServer

7. left click wampmanager -> Apache -> Version -> 2.4.9 (click on the version number)

This should now be EXACTLY as you had it before

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: December 15, 2016 06:29PM

Hi,

> . Make a shortcut from C:\wamp\wampmanager.exe and place on your desktop
Before running this shortcut :
- Right-click on the shortcut, Properties
- Shortcut tab
- Advanced button
- Check Run as an administrator
- Ok, Apply, OK

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: December 22, 2016 11:18AM

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply but was away for almost a week. THANK YOU VERY MUCH, both of you (esp. RiggsFolly)!!!

It worked like a charm... The only problem I have now is that some times the page takes ages to load in localhost (it might take 1 minute up to 3 minutes) and some times it doesn't load at all. I get this error message:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 120 seconds exceeded in C:\wamp\www\shipyards\wp-content\themes\DT\framework\_config.php on line 36
Call Stack
# Time Memory Function Location
1 0.0010 136416 {main}( ) ..\index.php:0
2 0.0010 138352 require( 'C:\wamp\www\shipyards\wp-blog-header.php' ) ..\index.php:17
3 0.0010 150896 require_once( 'C:\wamp\www\shipyards\wp-load.php' ) ..\wp-blog-header.php:13
4 0.0010 157872 require_once( 'C:\wamp\www\shipyards\wp-config.php' ) ..\wp-load.php:37
5 0.0020 236888 require_once( 'C:\wamp\www\shipyards\wp-settings.php' ) ..\wp-config.php:89
6 0.4000 13752424 include( 'C:\wamp\www\shipyards\wp-content\themes\DT\functions.php' ) ..\wp-settings.php:369
7 0.4010 13792128 include( 'C:\wamp\www\shipyards\wp-content\themes\DT\framework\_config.php' ) ..\functions.php:20

Do you have any ideas what's probably wrong ?

Date: December 22, 2016 11:39AM

Hi

Are there any other clues in the logs Apache or MYSQL?

Maybe turn on the slow query log in MYSQL.

Also look at phpMyAdmin's not so well known feature under the "Status" menu. There is a "Monitor" and "Advisor" feature in there that may help identify some MYSQL tweeks you could make to speed it up

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: December 22, 2016 12:03PM

Hi,

There aren't any other clues.

How will I turn on the slow query in MYSQL?

I looked at phpMyAdmin Status -> Monitor and Advisor. I found something in Advisor but how I will change the long query time ?

I'm very newbie when it comes to databases, localhosts etc.

Date: December 22, 2016 01:43PM

Hi,

Well now I am afraid you are going to have to become a DBA a Webmaster a Systems admin a Server admin ...... there is a lot to learn in order to work all this stuff on your own machine.

Thats primarily what WAMPServer was developed for, so people like yourself could get to play in a safe environment and learn all this technology.

This means reading some of the MYSQL manual along with lots of other things.
See my signature for a link to the MYSQL manual and also the Apache / PHP and phpMyAdmin manuals.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.