Internet Explorer won't download Files
Posted by: ungachuck (---.55.229.80.dyn.plus.net)
Date: September 10, 2015 10:32AM

I've installed Wamp Server so that some students can access a curriculum offline. I've managed to get the curriculum fully working with Chrome, however it works, for the most part with Internet Explorer. I'm unable to install Chrome onto the students PC's so this is not on option.

The only problem is when you click on a link to a file that the students need to download the server to the student PC it opens up a new page with a bunch of gibberish on the screen with the URL set to the correct destination. So I'm assuming that it's accessing the file but Internet Explorer is opening it up as a HTML file. This only happens in Internet Explorer, in chrome it downloads the file as it should. I've tried right clicking, and save as (In IE) however it only gives me an option to save it as a .html file and not download the file in it's original file extension (.pka)

Internet Explorer is up to date (Version 11.0.9600.16428) as is chrome.

So I'm basically asking if anyone knows how to fix this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Internet Explorer won't download Files
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: September 10, 2015 03:08PM

This will probably be die to the way you have coded the download.

Show PHP command you have used to cause the download to happen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.