Weird Rendering Issue in IE
Posted by: flamer (---.datacom.co.nz)
Date: September 08, 2015 01:40AM

Hi Guys,

So I have built a php script on my local PC with WAMP x86 2.5 running (5.5.12, 2.4.9).

Everything was good, So I uploaded it to our prod server which is running WAMP 2.2 (5.3.13 2.2.22)

Everything was not so good, in chrome & firefox everything was perfect, but in IE the whole layout was messed up (it almost appears as if a style sheet was not loaded, but that is not the case)

But here's the curly but, on the same machine, in the same browser with two tabs open, one pointing to localhost, one pointing to the server, the localhost page renders perfectly, the server makes a meal of it.

So I downgraded my WAMP to be the exact same version as the server, I checked every single module running was the same, I cleared cache and reloaded and.. my localhost page still rendered perfectly in IE!!

I checked the servers error logs - nothing, checked the access logs they are all 200 ok messages. I removed the style sheet from the code and that made the page look different again so its not just a case of a css file not being found.

Unfortunately as its all offline I cant provide a live sample of the issue, but just wondering if anyone else has encountered this, or what else I can check. I will confirm, multiple different PC's can replicate this issue too. The best guess i can give you in, the inline styles in the html code seem to be getting ignored..

Thanks in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Weird Rendering Issue in IE
Posted by: flamer (---.datacom.co.nz)
Date: September 08, 2015 02:24AM

Okay So I fixed it after 4 hours of hair pulling.

I noticed, if I added 'localhost' to IE's "compatible view" mode, and refreshed the page, it looked exactly like what I was seeing from the remote server. So that made it very clear I was going into compatible mode remotely for some reason but not locally.

adding this tag straight under the html header fixed it up:
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=Edge" />

grinning smiley

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.