Unable to Open WP Dev sites Except for One
Posted by: TopDog1952 (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 20, 2016 11:51PM

I'm using WAMP64 for local dev, but I am unable to open two of the three sites I installed just last week.

The installation is on Windows 10, on the "G" drive, and was working properly on all three sites. Today, only one of the three sites will open, for the other two Chrome says "This site can’t be reached The connection was reset"

I've read over all of the various troubleshooting suggestions on here, have checked my firewall (it permits the connection) and have hit the wall. I tried to set up a new WP test site and am getting the same message. I've also tried Edge and Firefox browsers, no difference. I'm fairly certain no changes have been made to the PC that would have caused this.

Can anyone help me look somewhere I haven't thought of or suggest a better course ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2016 11:21PM by TopDog1952.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Unable to Open WP Dev sites Except for One
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: November 21, 2016 10:32AM

Can both of you guys check your Apache error logs please and report back messages between an Apache start

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: November 22, 2016 11:42PM

Hello Riggs Folly:

A copy of the Apache log can be seen here

[dl.dropboxusercontent.com]

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Date: November 23, 2016 10:49AM

Hi Top

Thats interesting!

Can you now look at the Windows Event Viewer for error messages from Apache please, and post a few of those, there should be at least one at roughly the same time that this error message happens in the Apache logs.

Parent: child process 19296 exited with status 3221225725 -- Restarting.

How to load the Windows Event Log

Hold down the Windows Key and press R
Enter eventvwr
Press OK button

Wait a few second for the event viewer to load
Wait again for it to read all its log files

In the left column click on "Windows Logs" then the sub menu "Applications"

When the center window populates with log records, look in the "Source" column for "Apache"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: November 25, 2016 09:57AM

Hi Top

I have not herd from you in a couple of days, have you solved your probelm? If so would you mind posting some information about the solution please.

Thanks

Date: November 26, 2016 12:18AM

Hello Riggs:

I have not solved the issue, was traveling for a few days but I've located the problem - it's a plugin called Wordfence. After several hours of reinstalling WAMP and a fresh WP and site backup, I eliminated all the plugins, putting them back one by one and activating each one until the site no longer loaded on WAMP.

At this moment, I have yet to determine what in Wordfence is causing the issue, but will post what I find. There are threads on Wordpress.org that indictae the problem is the ThreadStackSize parameter needs to be enlarged. I tried it but with no success so have contacted Wordfence.

Thank you for your assistance.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2016 05:11PM by TopDog1952.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.