Remote connections stops working
Posted by: festrada (---.red-217-124-183.customer.static.ccgg.telefonica.net)
Date: November 16, 2016 10:47AM

Hi guys,
I have an application in php with mysql running on WampServer Version 2.2, on a computer with windows 7
The cuestion that the application worked very well, but from good to first,
in remote computers when they have been working for some time, they do not respond or wait for answers.
Accessing the application through Localhost works perfectly.
Restart the wamp and reconnect and work well.
I weigh that it was of the equipment and i migrated it to another machine, this time with windows 8.
Everything seemed to be going well, but the problems reappeared.
The way you have to work on the application is to open the connection at the top of the page and close it at the bottom.
I have 6 remote users
In the statistics of mySql does not get to have more than 8 remote connections, the usual one or two connections.

I have no idea what the problem might be, any ideas?

Thanks for all

pd: Sorry for the translation

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Remote connections stops working
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: November 16, 2016 10:58AM

Hi

I think your problem is that a Windows Desktop Operating system does not allow more than 20 remote connections. Its part of the licence.

Run winver from a command prompt, click the "Microsoft Software Licence Terms" link and scroll down to section F

Device Connections. You may allow up to 20 other devices to access software installed on the licensed computer to use only File Services, Print Services, Internet Information Services and Internet Connection Sharing and Telephony Services.

As far as I know this is baked into the Windows Desktop configuration and cannot be changed.

If you want to run an web server that will service multiple clients, you need to run WAMPServer on a Widows Server Operating system.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Re: Remote connections stops working
Posted by: festrada (---.red-217-124-183.customer.static.ccgg.telefonica.net)
Date: November 17, 2016 08:13AM

Ok, thanks
I'll investigate it

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.