Files wont load for others on site
Posted by: Urbahz (---.cpe.webspeed.dk)
Date: August 08, 2015 12:28PM

Hello guys, im in need of help. This is my first time useing WAMP and i'm loving it. But i have one problem, that would be...my files wont load to remote computers. My current website : (http://87.104.166.66/PMHtech/) i dont have a domain name yet. Have a look and see, if anyone of you have a solution i'd be more than happy.

- Thank you in advance

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Files wont load for others on site
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: August 08, 2015 01:47PM

Hello,

By default WAMPServer is configured as a single seat developer tool and therefore for the security of the beginner Apache is configured to only accept connections from the PC running WAMPServer(Apache)

There is a menu item that will change the access rights and allow anybody to access your site.

So do :-

left click the wampmanager icon -> Put Online

But like I say, this will allow anybody in the universe to use your web server. So by way of a small warning! Are you sure you are ready for this and all that goes with it.

I did as you suggested and took a look. You seem to have already found the answer and allowed access. But I answered my own question i.e. are you ready for letting anybody access your server and I see the answer is most definitely NO.

Can I point you to this article [forum.wampserver.com]

And this article [codex.wordpress.org]

Both of which I feel will be needed for you to move forward with your 3 sites PMHTech, NewSite and wordpressc

Yup I can see all 3. Please be aware I did not attempt anything unpleasant while visiting your IP But other definitely will

Without the requisite knowledge, which you have not demonstrated, it will not be long before you are hacked.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2015 01:59PM by RiggsFolly.

Posted by: Urbahz (---.cpe.webspeed.dk)
Date: August 09, 2015 11:13PM

Thank you for the reply RiggsFolly! really opened my eyes smiling smiley. I went and looked more into depth on the virtual hosts for wamp and found a great guide, which i went and followed, however i still have some queations.
- Creating virtual hosts for my sites, would that make them secure?
- Is wamp the correct program if i want to host my wordpress site on a home made server? aka. i dont want a paid hosting provider
- creating a virtual host for my site, PMHtech, would i be able to see the images then?

- Thank you in advance! smiling smiley

Date: August 10, 2015 02:48AM

- Creating virtual hosts for my sites, would that make them secure?

No not by default

- Is wamp the correct program if i want to host my wordpress site on a home made server? aka. i dont want a paid hosting provider

Unfortunately any Windows DESKTOP OS is not the right place to host a web site really. Server OS is different.

- creating a virtual host for my site, PMHtech, would i be able to see the images then?

Possibly, but it depends on how many mistakes you may have made with your coding.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: Urbahz (---.profibernet.dk)
Date: August 10, 2015 09:33PM

Hello again riggs, sorry for takeking so much of your time, im not very good at this.
Where i stand now is, that the only site i want launched is my PMHtech site. This site is not for advertisment or ment to be seen my alot of people, simply a resumé site, where i keep tab of my work.
Therefor i just want it visable. i can see my site through my server ip/pmhech, which is good! smiling smiley but the file directory is still set to localhost, and therefor i cant seem to see the filles? secondly i just bought a domain name, www.pmhech.dk were i'd like to move my site to.
The problem here is, i cant forward my site to the domain name, because i need a nameserver?
i'm frustrated i cant get this to work, if you could do me the massive favour of helping, i'd be more than thankful.. thank you.

Date: August 11, 2015 10:36AM

Re: Missing files on your page.

You shoudl be using relative addressing so for example for an image use

<a src="images/mypic.jpg">me</a>

And NOT
<a src="localhost/pmhtech/images/mypic.jpg">me</a>

RE: Domain

When you buy a domain you can normally tell the domain company which ip address the site lives on. They then use that ip address in their nameserver. If you tell it your routers WAN ip address using the domain name will come to your router, and via port forwarding to the PC running WAMPServer.

You then setup a Virtual Host with the ServerName = pmhech.dk and ServerAlias = www.pmhech.dk Then when someone uses that domain name it will come to your WAMPServer. WAMPServer will look for the domain name in its Virtual Hosts list and find it, and launch the correct site.

If yo

Posted by: Urbahz (---.profibernet.dk)
Date: August 13, 2015 12:22AM

Hello again Riggs! smiling smiley smiling smiley thanks for the help. I got my site directed to my domain smiling smiley smiling smiley, ill be trying to fix the problem with the links, just wanted to update yousmiling smiley

-Thank you

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.