Importing sql mdf file to mysql
Posted by: dovk179 (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: August 06, 2015 01:37PM

I am using sql server 2012 and want to transfer a database named "mala" to Mysql.

From the mssql/data folder I copied the mala2_Data.MDF file of 120mb and

through the phpmyadmin of wampserver 2.5 , I useed the Import option and then choose "mala2_Data.MDF", and I got an error message:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

The format is SQL and compatibility is none

Need Help

Dov Kruman

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Importing sql mdf file to mysql
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: August 06, 2015 04:32PM

Hello

You cann ot do it as simply as that. Try looking at MySQL Workbench [www.mysql.com]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: August 07, 2015 02:06PM

Hi,
In the source selection, I have a problem with the Stored Connection. Is there an article with example? or may be you can help me

Thanks

Dov

Date: August 07, 2015 02:11PM

Hi,
Where can I find reference to the error message numbers like 1064

Thanks

Dov

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: August 07, 2015 04:28PM

No I am afraid you have to google until you find something that helps.

When you get it working it would be great if you posted an article here to help others. If someone else had done this then you would have been able to look at it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.