local server - 1 of 2 services running - brick wall now
Posted by: njwebdesign (---.range86-158.btcentralplus.com)
Date: November 09, 2016 01:35AM

Windows 7 64 bit
Wamp64
No Skype!

Complete newbie here so please bear with me. I'll try and give as much information as possible.

I had wamp running successfully over a client's network with computer A acting as the server and computers B, C and D, connecting via computer A's IP address. Great.

The client installed Dropbox and Bullguard in my absence and, since then, it has all failed with WAMP displaying a yellow icon and, upon hover, the message "local server - 1 of 2 services running" displaying.

I uninstalled Dropbox and Bullguard but the problem remains <sigh>. Apache is using port 80, apparently, but when I test the port it tells me that nothing is using port 80, not even Apache! MySQL is using port 3306 and when I test that, it tells me that the correct service is using that port.

My first question is, how do I tell which service isn't running (in order to establish which is causing me the problem)?

I've tried using the "Use a port other than" for both Apache and MySQL - neither solves the problem.

My thoughts, but have no idea how to do it or am restricted from doing it....

1) Establish if the port that's being used for the service that's not running, once I establish what that is, is being used by another service.

Problem with this is that the ports are reporting as being fine.

2) Uninstall/reinstall WAMP.

I have significant data in the MySQL database but can't open PHPMyAdmin in order to do a backup.

I've hit a complete brick wall with it and something that was super easy to install, setup and configure has turned into a headache and a half.

Where do I go from here?

I'd really appreciate some pointers. I'm sure it's just a setting change somewhere but I cannot, for the life of me, figure out what's wrong.

Hope you can help.
Thank you.
NJ

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2016 01:37AM by njwebdesign.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: local server - 1 of 2 services running - brick wall now
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: November 09, 2016 02:28AM

Hi

Run the services snapin and see if wampapache64 and wampmysqld64 are running(started)

Then look at the error logs for the service that has not started, and if that is inconclusive, look at the Windows Event Log for messages from either Apache or MYSQL

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: November 09, 2016 10:15AM

Thank you Riggs.
What is the services snapin? Do you mean services.msc?

In Windows Services there are two instances of wampapache64. One is started and other seems dormant. Not sure if its relevant but only one of those has a description alongside the title.

Back to my question though...I use Windows Services to see which service is or isn't running?

I'll post the error logs just shortly.
Thank you.
NJ

EDIT:
Checking services.msc again there is only one version of wampapache, not two sorry. The other thing is, indeed, wampmysqld, which doesn't have a description, and it is that service which isn't running.

OK, so I know now which service isn't running. I'll post the error logs for MySQL once I've checked my client's machine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2016 10:34AM by njwebdesign.

Date: November 09, 2016 01:49PM

Hi Riggs,

MySQL Log is as follows:

2016-11-08T16:24:42.212209Z 0 [Warning] wampmysqld64: Forcing close of thread 2 user: 'root'

Is this what's causing the service to fail and, if so, how do I resolve it?

Thank you.
NJ

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.