error: ZipArchive extension is not enabled
Posted by: Mark One (---.160.200.146.dyn.plus.net)
Date: July 30, 2015 01:40PM

Windows version used: 8.1, 64 bit | Version WampServer: 2.5, 64 bit | Apache Version: 2.4.9 | PHP Version: 5.5.12 | MySQL Version: 5.6.17

Getting Errors when working with WP plugins that import settings from zip files - eg:

"Import failed: This could be caused because the ZipArchive extension is not enabled."

I have chcecked WAMP menu / PHP / PHO extensions and no sign of anything Zip related. Also checked PHP.ini and no mention of zip in there.

So it seems the required ZipArchive functionality is not present on my clean WAMP 2.5 install.

Can anybody please advise me how to install / enable it (I am complete noob here so please be clear with any advice).

Many thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: error: ZipArchive extension is not enabled
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: July 30, 2015 03:21PM

Hi Mark

Zip is built into the CORE of PHP5.5.12 see the WAMPServer homepage in the Loaded Extensions section. Or run the phpinfo() link from the homepage and look for zip and zlib

So I assume its another issue, probably a file locations problem, that error message only says This could be

Have you created a Virtual Host for your WordPress site to run in? If not then do that as its the only reliable way to run a WordPress instance.

Once thats done you will also need to check this document [codex.wordpress.org] as this will have the effect of making WordPress think it has been moved. If you are at an early stage in development it may be easier to just scrape the site and reinstall it into the new Virtual Host so that the urls stored in its database are all created correctly rather than having to fix them.

See this post for assistance creating a Virtual Host [forum.wampserver.com]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2015 03:22PM by RiggsFolly.

Re: error: ZipArchive extension is not enabled
Posted by: Mark One (---.160.200.146.dyn.plus.net)
Date: July 30, 2015 04:30PM

No virtual host. To be honest been avoiding this. I have around 70-80 localhost sites on the go for dev and staging and the idea of having to configure and manage a virtual host for each of them seems a huge PITA after using wamp pre v2.5 for years just using the www without a hitch.

Guess I'm going to have to get my head around it sometime.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.