Problem connecting to localhost
Posted by: berserker (41.217.19.---)
Date: November 03, 2016 12:26PM

Hello there, I use a Windows 8 system, 64 bit.

Apparently, this is the version details for the WampServer software I downloaded and installed:
- Wampserver 3.0.6 64 bit x64
– Apache 2.4.23
– PHP 5.6.25/7.0.10
– MySQL 5.7.14
– PhpMyAdmin 4.6.4

The colour of the WampServer icon at the notification area is currently orange? Not really good with colours, so bear with me.

I had initial problems with the installation when it continuously gave me the VCRUNNING error but never that. I was able to install it afterwards. Now, I seem to have an issue with connecting to the localhost website. When I click it on the menu, it opens up a Microsoft Internet Information website - www.microsoft.com/web. Hell, I know I don't really get all the WampServer use and all but I know for sure, that ain't the page I'm meant to see when I click on 'localhost'. I have disable the post 80 use on Skype. It also shows, 1 out of 2 services running. Any help on how the whole WampServer is supposed to act would help

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2016 12:28PM by berserker.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Problem connecting to localhost
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: November 03, 2016 02:42PM

Hi,

> when it continuously gave me the VCRUNNING error but never that.
If it is postponed it lacks a runtime file VCxxxx is that it really lacks this file.

Download the tool: Check VC++ packages installed then run it "as an administrator".
The result must be: "All VC++ packages needed to Wampserver are installed correctly"
If it is not, you need to install all missing VC++ packages until the result is good.

See also : TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: berserker (41.217.19.---)
Date: November 03, 2016 02:57PM

I did say I was able to install it afterwards dawg. I just stated the VCRUNNING error as an initial problem to build up to my current predicament.

Date: November 03, 2016 04:16PM

Hi,

Read and apply : TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS

Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: berserker (154.120.126.---)
Date: November 04, 2016 12:29AM

So I've already installed it without running it as an Admin. What do I do? Uninstall and reinstall again?

Date: November 04, 2016 09:40AM

Hi,

> So I've already installed it without running it as an Admin. What do I do? Uninstall and reinstall again?
Yes.

Right-Click on the install file, then Run as an administrator.

Posted by: berserker (41.217.15.---)
Date: November 04, 2016 09:46AM

Well I'll be damned. *Sigh* Thanks man, I'll get back to you once I finish re-installation.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.