wampserver not available to external computers
Posted by: pebz13 (---.hot.res.rr.com)
Date: July 21, 2015 01:19PM

I have tried about 66 sites, several questions on each site/blog, checked the apache guides, and I am not getting anywhere sad smiley

WAMP 2.4.9, Win 8, Web Expression 4

It works just fine on my localhost on this computer only. I want to get it to work on external sites. I have the green server icon, no errors in cmd, my localhost works from the base PC, my website can be access from the base PC. However, after scrolling through many sites, I still have the issue of not being able to access the website from other computers. I created the rule for firewall, I tried turning off Kapersky/allowing exceptions, I tried everything. I was thinking that my ISP may be blocking the port 80, but i tried 8080 and that didnt work either. I did port forwarding, revised my SQL and PHP configs so that they allow all from localhost, etc. (which I turned back because I didnt think that was the issue and security concern). Anybody have more ideas?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: wampserver not available to external computers
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: July 21, 2015 01:25PM

Hi Margo

Ok lets try a TeamViewer session

Send me a Private Message containing the TV ID and PASSWORD so I can connect.
Leave TV running as it will change the password each time you restart it.

Hope to see you later tonight if I also have insomnia or tomorrow morning your time if you have insomnia.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Re: wampserver not available to external computers
Posted by: pebz13 (---.hot.res.rr.com)
Date: July 22, 2015 03:02AM

Thank you! Riggs fixed it. yay!! turns out it was a redirect of the domain towards my ip that was needed.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.