Need to use 2.2e to emulate hosting provider?
Posted by: glenleslie (---.lightspeed.knvltn.sbcglobal.net)
Date: October 28, 2016 03:08AM

Hi,

I have a very old version of wamp 2.2 (there's not even a letter listed on it) and it is currently working (after copying) on a Win10 machine.

because it has quite a number of my test databases on it, i need to gently update it to very specific versions of php and mysql so it matches my hosting provider (I have a joomla install there and want to back it up, restore it to wamp, work on it and then after working on it, restore it to my production hosting site).

Production host has:

php 5.4.45
mysql 5.5.51-38.2

is there a way to easily get these specific versions of software added to my 2.2 install? current 2.2 install is:

php 5.3.13
mysql 5.5.24
apache 2.2.2

Is there a guide on how to add odd versions of mysql or php components to WAMP?

TIA

G.L.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Need to use 2.2e to emulate hosting provider?
Date: October 28, 2016 04:37AM

some other searching reveals [wampserver.aviatechno.net]

I'm assuming this is a legit site since it's run by Oto but... what is its relationship to wampserver.com (feel free to send me to RTFM ... )

It looks like I can download all the 64 bit versions of the exact versions I need ... (anything I should know in terms of cautions or "don't go there"? )

G.L.

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: October 28, 2016 09:37AM

Hi,

See Install a new release of Wampserver

> It looks like I can download all the 64 bit versions of the exact versions I need
I do not think that your host has 64-bit versions. So if you want to be "like at your host ', use 32 bit versions.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2016 11:06AM by Otomatic.

Date: October 28, 2016 06:40PM

Hi Oto,

The host is hostgator.com ... shared "hatchling" plan. mySQL reports 64 bit via myphpAdmin ... is this not a reliable check?

version compile machine = x86_64

I'm not sure it matters for PHP if it's 64bit on the host? (I was also able to upgrade to PHP 5.6 via an upgrade of c-Panel... nothing to do with 64bit but gets me a lot closer to newer PHP)

My main point of confusion was not seeing the add-ons for WAMP on sourceforge.net (e.g. all the add-ons used to be linked from the main site and it appeared that they're all gone for the first couple of hours of investigation) ... i stumbled on your private site via other support messages. I've been away from WAMP for about 3 years and just getting back into details.

I realize I will have to carefully update all of my old databases to bring into the 3.06 site with the host-aligned PHP/mySQL versions.

GL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2016 07:00PM by glenleslie.

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: October 28, 2016 07:46PM

Hi,
See WAMPserver 3 All you need to know you'll see that there are addons on Sourceforge.

Yes, I know, It is organized better on [Wampserver.aviatechno.net] !

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: October 28, 2016 08:29PM

Hi Oto,

No criticism. I was going to make a donation but I see how that should go. ( [forum.wampserver.com] )

I will donate to a homeless shelter locally.

Many thanks for your replies.

GL

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.