403 Forbidden msg and Uninstalling/Re-installing
Posted by: JasperFarm (---.229.16.98.dynamic.ip.windstream.net)
Date: October 24, 2016 06:56PM

Hello - I have read through the top pinned posts on this forum - I'm afraid at this point if I supply all the info I'd just be wasting your time, so quick question here first -

After initial running and setting up of a wordpress site in the WAMP database, every time I try to access it I get You don't have permission to access / on this server. Going through past posts on this problem, my code all seems to be correct per the advice given.

BUT, in the reading I did, I learned that with my 64-bit system I need to also install the 32-bit version of WAMP. I also think I need to install the Universal Runtime update for my windows 7. So before chasing the other problem, I want to be sure I have everything laid in place properly, and I would appreciate confirmation as to the right way to handle it now -

Do I uninstall WAMP and then double-check that I have all the correct updates, then run and install both the 32 and 64 bit versions of WAMP? Or add the 32 bit and universal runtime update in without uninstalling?

Do I need to do anything to save the site I was working on, or kiss it good-bye?

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 403 Forbidden msg and Uninstalling/Re-installing
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: October 25, 2016 09:46AM

Hi,

We have not said we had to install both versions - 32 and 64 bit - of Wampserver.
We said that the 64 bit versions of PHP before PHP 7.0.0 were experimental and that it was useless to use them because there was no real support of 64 bit.

However, we have always said that with a 64-bit Windows, you had to install both versions - 32 and 64 bit - of all VC packages, even if we only used the 32-bit Wampserver

Before you do anything that could be irreparable, answer: READ BEFORE YOU ASK A QUESTION

Then proceed with the verification of correct installations of VC packages.
Download Check VC++ packages installed then run it as an administrator. It will give you the VC++ possibly missing packages.
And no need to go download them from Microsoft, you will find all the packages in the sectionVisual C++ Redistribuable Packages of http://wampserver.aviatechno.net/

You do not need to uninstall anything to update the VC++ packages or to update Wampserver to version 3.0.6 if you already have a version 3.0.x (or even 2.5).

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.