Updating from v3.0.4 to v3.0.6
Posted by: SmallestDruid (---.17-4.cable.virginm.net)
Date: October 17, 2016 06:07PM

Hi,

I'm running WampServer v3.0.4 64bit (Apache 2.4.18, PHP 5.6.19 and MySQL 5.7.11) on Windows 2008 R2 64bit.

I would like to update to the latest release of WampServer v3.0.6.

I have read this...

[forum.wampserver.com]

...but does this also apply to minor version upgrades, i.e. do i have to "remove" the existing installation first before installing the new version?

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Updating from v3.0.4 to v3.0.6
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: October 17, 2016 06:48PM

Hi,

Just download the Wampserver update 3.0.6 then run it "as an administrator".

Do not uninstall or remove anything.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: October 17, 2016 07:24PM

I have downloaded and run as administrator as you have suggested but the installation tells me...

"The selected installation folder already contains an installation of Wampserver. Select another folder for this installation."

What can you suggest?

Date: October 17, 2016 07:58PM

Hi,

I think you download the Wampserver 3.0.6 complete installer, not the 3.0.6 update I wrote the link in my previous message.

Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: October 17, 2016 08:09PM

Wow! I totally missed that link. The colour is not so clear for me, thanks for pointing it out.

OK, so I have installed that update and the 'About' menu option confirms WampServer 3.0.6 is running which is good.

However, Apache still reports v2.4.18.

The description on your home page for Wampserver 3.0.6 mentions Apache 2.4.23. How can I get my Apache version to 2.4.23?

Thanks again

Date: October 17, 2016 08:41PM

Hi,

Wampserver 3.0.6 Update does not modify or add YOUR versions of Apache, PHP or MySQL.

If you want to update your Apache, PHP or MySQL versions, you need to download "addon" that is a part of software that install only one version of Apache, PHP or MySQL that will be added to your Wampserver.

You can find all available "addon" on [Wampserver.aviatechno.net]
Download what you need then run them as an administrator.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.