How to upgrade PHP ?
Posted by: Uhreskov (---.profibernet.dk)
Date: June 21, 2015 01:09PM

Hello

I need to upgrade my version of PHP, I run today V.5.2.8

I have been about to make a Jommla website and get this message:
Your host needs to-use PHP 5.3.10 or higher two run this version of Joomla!

I thought that I could install WampServer V2,5 but it is not possible since my server is running Windows XP

Is it possible to update PHP to a newer version of WampServer V2,0?

Regards
Uhreskov

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How to upgrade PHP ?
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: June 21, 2015 01:30PM

Hi Uhreskov,

What I suggest is that you install WAMPServer 2.4. This is the last version of Apache/PHP that will run on Windows XP and comes with PHP 5.4.16 and Apache 2.4.4

Do not just install WAMPServer over the top of an existing WAMPServer. Before you attempt to upgrade PLEASE read this post Installing a new release of WAMPServer this should help you do the upgrade without loosing any of your existing sites/databases

As you have such an old version of WAMPServer, switching versions of Apache and PHP will probably not work very well. Since your version, many changes in Compiler used to create Apache and PHP have happened, and this makes the switching process more complicate unfortunately

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.