Aliases not working - 404 Not Found
Posted by: aaskew (---.singnet.com.sg)
Date: May 24, 2015 11:17AM

When trying to access phpmyadmin via the default alias (localhost/phpmyadmin), I get a 404 not found error, and same for all the other default aliases (I don't have any custom ones.)

Using WampServer 2.2 on Windows 7, 64bit. Apache 2.2.22, PHP 5.3.13, MySQL 5.5.24.

Icon is green.

All the alias conf files have the correct file paths.

The problems started after I made changes to httpd.conf and I think httpd-autoindex.conf to try and get stuff in my /icons folder to show up instead of giving me a 403; that didn't work, so I reset it to defaults, and only changed the DocumentRoot and added the LoadModule line to get PHP working:

LoadModule php5_module "c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.3.13/php5apache2_2.dll

I reset all the conf files to defaults, and the problem persists.

But my /icons folder images are now showing up when they previously didn't, suggesting that somehow all the alias functions got disabled.

Hope you can help, or at least point me in the right direction. I've been trying to figure this out for hours. Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2015 12:55PM by aaskew.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Aliases not working - 404 Not Found
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: May 24, 2015 01:27PM

This all sounds a little odd.

First the httpd.conf file should already have the php LoadModule defined and active.
Second, changing the DocumentRoot will effect many things, there are better ways to configure things that changing that, Virtual Hosts for example, see this post, its not actually relevant to WAMPServer 2.5 its relevant to all Apache versions. The Homepage, Your Projects Menu and the need for Virtual Hosts

Can I suggest that you uninstall WAMPServer using the standard windows uninstall. Then delete the \wamp folder, as a few files get left but should be removed.

Then reinstall WAMPServer, use the 32bit version of WAMPServer!

Also unless you actually need an old version of Apache or PHP use the latest WAMPServer2.5

Whatever version you decide to install, you then need to make sure your HOSTS file has as least these entries in it.

C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

127.0.0.1  localhost

::1  localhost

It could be that the missing entry '::1 localhost' in the hosts file was causing your issues.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.