Php error - You should upgrade to MySQL 5.5.0 or later.
Posted by: a22mun (---.dsl.bell.ca)
Date: September 19, 2016 06:08PM

Hello, so I was running wamp just fine. Did a few projects on wordpress with it, everything is going great. Then I opened up phpmyadmin today and tried to go and create a new database it gave me the following error on login

"You should upgrade to MySQL 5.5.0 or later."

I don't see where this came from as it was running fine before and it is actually running mysql 5.7.1.1

How do I resolve this so I can recover my projects and also work on more. Again this happened totally randomly when I opened it today and I didn't update anything relating to WAMP.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Php error - You should upgrade to MySQL 5.5.0 or later.
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: September 19, 2016 06:18PM

Hi,

Did you install something that has MYSQL as part of it? And was that MYSQL an old one?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: September 19, 2016 06:21PM

I didn't install anything in between it functioning and it malfunctioning. I closed it and went to sleep and then I opened it and tried running it again and got this error.

How would I check if there was something installed which was causing problems?

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: September 19, 2016 06:27PM

Hi,

What version of PhpMyAdmin ?

I think you should upgrade to phpMyAdmin 4.6.4 available as addon here: [wampserver.aviatechno.net]

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: September 19, 2016 06:28PM

Look at your services snapin

WINDOWS KEY+R
services.msc
Press OK button

WAMPServers services are called `wampmysqld` or `wampmysqld64` If you have a service called `MYSQL` then you have another service running from some other install.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: September 19, 2016 06:36PM

Thank you so much Riggs, that was it. I had another MySQL which was running and I stopped that and now it works perfectly. That's so weird, I have no idea how that got there, maybe it updated when I turned on the computer and windows updated things.

Thanks again!

Date: September 19, 2016 06:52PM

No windows does not install MYSQL. Some other tool/app you installed is the only way this can get instaled.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.