Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_detect_encoding
Posted by: nancy (---.hsd1.co.comcast.net)
Date: April 22, 2015 02:58AM

Problem solved no need for help.

I am receiving the error Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_detect_encoding() in C:\wamp\apps\phpmyadmin4.0.4\libraries\php-gettext\gettext.inc on line 177 when accessing phpyadmin from the menu

I have treid many responses to this problllem listed on the web including uninstalling WAMP, downloading a new verision and reinstalling. I have unblocked DLL files in the directory and made sure php_mbstring files is checked under php extensions. I accepted the defaults when reinstalling and have not made any changes to the files.

I am able to access phpmyadmin when running [127.0.0.1] from the browser. Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue woudl be appreciated.

I am running windows 8 and wampserver2.5-Apache-2.4.9-Mysql-5.6.17-php5.5.12-64b.exe

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2015 04:57AM by nancy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_detect_encoding
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: April 22, 2015 10:49AM

Hi nancy

Would you mind posting what you did to solve the problem. Then this thread will be of use to others with the same problem.

Thanks

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Re: Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_detect_encoding
Posted by: nancy (---.hsd1.co.comcast.net)
Date: April 22, 2015 10:13PM

What I did to solve the problem was
1. ensured wamp was not running then uninstalled wamp
2. removed all copies of php.ini from the system and ran registry cleanup with Norton
3. shut down system
4. once restarted installed wamp for the third time
5. enabled php_mbstring under PHP extensions and WAMP - PHPMyAdmin worked as expected

Thank you for asking RigsFolly

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2015 08:15PM by nancy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.