Error code 414
Posted by: John Connor (---.hsd1.co.comcast.net)
Date: April 20, 2015 10:41AM

When I search for a database entry in phpMyAdmin and click on the result I get an error that says: "Error in processing request error code:414 error text: request-URI too long."

I searched the Internet for a solution and I guess I have to edit Apache somehow? Not sure what to do in WAMPserver.

Using WAMPserver version 2.5

Any help would be great. TIA!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2015 10:41AM by John Connor.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Error code 414
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: April 20, 2015 12:09PM

Hi John,

Can you give a bit more information about what you are actually doing here please. Thanks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: April 20, 2015 12:35PM

I searched for my user name in my phpBB forum database and clicked on the users entry and got this error.
[i.imgur.com]

Date: April 20, 2015 01:41PM

You have done something very very ODD.

Somehow you have added your phpbb database tables into the mysql database.

the database called mysql is supposed to be for MYSQL itself to use to store knowledge about databases/tables/columns/users/privileges etc and not for you to add other tables into.

You should create a new database for each of your projects, MYSQL is not Access. It can manage many seperate databases and multiple tables within many databases.

Not quite sure how to get you out of this mess.

If it looked like you were familiar with MYSQL I woudl suggest other options, but here I think the best solution woudl be to uninstall WAMPServer and start again with a fresh install. ( make sure you manually delete the \wamp folder after the uninstall is run).

Then reinstall wampserver, and phpbb, but this time spend a little longer reading the phpbb Install instructions. [www.phpbb.com]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: April 20, 2015 03:33PM

Okay, I uninstalled and created a new database. I then imported my sql file and tried to search for my username under users in the database and still got a error code 414. [i.imgur.com]

I have a felling this is an Apache setting. I can access another user, but the two users I am accessing are admins in the phpBB forum database.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2015 03:34PM by John Connor.

Date: April 20, 2015 08:43PM

You could try doing a simple query rather than the search

SELECT * FROM table_name WHERE column_name = 'Agent Smith'

Date: April 21, 2015 05:14AM

Thanks, that worked.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.