The configuration file contains a syntax error on line 325
Posted by: nanwich (155.38.128.---)
Date: March 31, 2015 10:18PM

I just downloaded the latest because I needed a newer PHP. (I do hope I haven't lost all my sites and databases.) Now it won't start up again. I get "The configuration file contains a syntax error on line 325"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The configuration file contains a syntax error on line 325
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: April 01, 2015 01:59AM

Please explain exactly what you did, without missing anything out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: nanwich (---.c3-0.nwt-ubr1.sbo-nwt.ma.cable.rcn.com)
Date: April 01, 2015 02:13PM

I clicked on the Wamp icon in my system tray and selected PHP version. I then selected "Get other." Then it took me to the Wampserver page and I clicked on Download (64 bit version). It downloaded and I installed it. I now have two Wampserver icons on my desktop, and both produce this error when I click on them,

Date: April 01, 2015 03:28PM

So youare running an old WAMPServer something like 2.2 is that right?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: April 01, 2015 04:05PM

Yes, I was.

Date: April 01, 2015 07:17PM

Well if all you did was add a new version of PHP your sites and databases should be ok. But getting to them may be a bit of a hassle.

The most recent versions of PHP are almost definitely NOT compatible with older versions of Apache, so the simple solution is to manually delete the \wamp\bin\php\php{new version number}

But it would be a nice idea to let me know what line 325 actually says before doing anything.

The file its talking about is most likely \wamp\wampmanager.ini

Date: April 01, 2015 10:41PM

Starting at line 324:
[switchApache2.2.22]
Action: service; Service: ; ServiceAction: stop; Flags: ignoreerrors waituntilterminated
Action: run; FileName: "c:/wamp/bin/apache/apache2.2.22/bin/httpd.exe"; Parameters: "-n wampapache -k uninstall"; ShowCmd: hidden; Flags: ignoreerrors waituntilterminated
Action: closeservices; Flags: ignoreerrors
Action: run; FileName: "c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.3.13/php-win.exe";Parameters: "switchApacheVersion.php 2.2.22";WorkingDir: "c:/wamp/scripts"; Flags: waituntilterminated
Action: run; FileName: "c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.3.13/php-win.exe";Parameters: "switchPhpVersion.php 5.3.13";WorkingDir: "c:/wamp/scripts"; Flags: waituntilterminated
Action: run; FileName: "c:/wamp/bin/apache/apache2.2.22/bin/httpd.exe"; Parameters: "-n wampapache -k install"; ShowCmd: hidden; Flags: waituntilterminated
Action: run; FileName: "net"; Parameters: "start "; ShowCmd: hidden; Flags: waituntilterminated
Action: run; FileName: "c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.3.13/php-win.exe";Parameters: "-c . refresh.php";WorkingDir: "c:/wamp/scripts"; Flags: waituntilterminated
Action: resetservices
Action: readconfig;

Date: April 02, 2015 11:10AM

This line

[switchApache2.2.22]
Action: service; Service: ; ServiceAction: stop; Flags: ignoreerrors waituntilterminated

Should be
Action: service; Service: wampapache ; ServiceAction: stop; Flags: ignoreerrors waituntilterminated

but as the wampmanager.ini file is rebuilt every time you start WAMPServer you cannot just edit that file to correct it, as your changes will be overwritten. This file is rebuilt by the refresh.php script using various files as inputs.

Did you change any other files manually as part of what you did?

Date: April 02, 2015 02:59PM

No, I have not changed any other files. I haven't even gotten far enough to change my vhosts.

Date: April 02, 2015 04:47PM

Why would you need to change your vhosts? If all you did was try to install a newer version of PHP???

Oh I see what you have done!

You have INSTALLED the new version of the complete WAMPServer i.e. WAMPServer 2.5. And you did it into the same folder that you have WAMPServer 2.2 installed in. RIGHT?

That is not what you led me to believe from an answer you gave earlier in this thread

Recovering from this is quite complicated and not totally guaranteed !!

Its far to complex to describe in a post, woudl you consider installing TeamViewer so I can connect to your PC.
We can then work through the steps to recover your sites and might allow us to recover your old databases.

If you want to try this, send me a Private Message once you have installed and started TeamViewer with the TeamViewer ID and PASSWORD.

I am available now, and for about another hour or so.

Date: April 02, 2015 05:07PM

I'm trying to go back to 2.4 and recover.

Date: April 02, 2015 05:13PM

Ok so you had 2.4 installed and you have installed 2.5 over the top of it. Its still to complex a situation to describe, it would be quicker to do it with you using Team Viewer.

Date: April 02, 2015 05:28PM

Actually, I think I had 2.2, but 2.4 is working, more or less. So what would help more is how to properly remove 2.4 and then go to 2.5, saving my databases and other config stuff.

Date: April 02, 2015 05:41PM

Well you can read this which is what you should have done in the first place. [forum.wampserver.com]

Maybe you can work out for yourself how to get yourself up and running again.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.