Cannot Connect to site SUDDENLY!
Posted by: remzaki (---.ncr.com)
Date: March 13, 2015 11:37AM

I was using wampserver for quite a while now. And just this week, SUDDENLY I am not able to access the site outside of local machine.

It was perfectly working fine before and then this popped out of nowhere. Browser says "Connection Timeout", Fiddler says the 502 Error.

What I tried:
1. Clear cache - (?) I'm always using a Private/Incognito mode browser. So I don't think its on the cache.
2. Configure Port - I changed the port to use for Apache. Issues still exists. (localhost works fine)
3. Check Port - Used netstat and yes the configured port is used by httpd.exe
4. Reinstall WampServer - Yes I tried this. I even forgot to backup my database, f***. Still doesnt work.
5. Searched - common issues on httpd.conf (setting Online). Port is already set and working (verified via localhost:####) or issues on SQL with site connection (not my case).
6. Setup a different machine - Yeah, connection is good, site can be accessed with ease. But I dont want/cannot have a separate machine sad smiley

Haven't tried:
1. Setup wamp on different drive (i.e. D:/wamp) or different path (i.e. C:/Program Files/wamp). Do you think this will resolve the issue? Im doubtful.

Other Info:
64-bit OS but Installed a 32bit 2.2D wamp. No plans in upgrading - im using sqlsrv extension and compatibility is an issue (?)

Sorry: In case my post is violating any rule in this forum. sad smiley

Guys??????

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cannot Connect to site SUDDENLY!
Date: March 13, 2015 11:44AM

BTW.
access.log and apache_error.log does not say anything about this matter.

Firewall is off - but still I even tried adding exceptions on In/Outbound config.

Could it really be the network?

Network guys said there were no changes.

Additional info: This issue occurred on 2 different setup! (Dev and Production system specifically)

On my mind, is there anything to do with Certificates?

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: March 13, 2015 12:03PM

If the apache logs are not seeing the request and either serving it or showing an error then the request is not getting to the PC running WAMPServer.
If you have turned off the firewall that cannot be the problem. Although unless you changed the firewall this should not be the problem.

Has the ip address of the PC running WAMPServer changed?? It should really be a static IP, Is it?

2. Configure Port - I changed the port to use for Apache. Issues still exists. (localhost works fine)

Unless you changed the routers Port Forwarding this would do no good.
Have you checked the routers Port Forwarding. Does it match the WAMPserver PC's ip address?

It looks more and more like either the PC's ip address changed or the Port Forwarding has been removed or changed or something in your network has changed.

Also have you checked the apache config is still set to allow from all

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2015 12:04PM by RiggsFolly.

Date: March 13, 2015 12:07PM

No, its not static but I'm always using its computer name.

I will check with the router port fowarding.

Thank you sir!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.