Wamp services disabled in Windows 7
Posted by: gymnophoria (---.bb.sky.com)
Date: March 06, 2015 08:27PM

I've been running Wampserver 2.2 in Windows 7 for a while with no problems, but lately when I switch it on, it says online but the icon says red, and if I try any menu options I get the error "wamp server could not execute menu item... the service has not been started".

I checked and the wamp services have been set to Disabled - manually starting them works, but they eventually get switched off again. Any suggestions as to why?

I'm not running Skype or any other server software that I'm aware of.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wamp services disabled in Windows 7
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: March 07, 2015 11:24AM

Have you used MSCONFIG to modify your boot sequence.

What I suspect happened is that on the general tab of MSCONFIG you chose "selective startup" and then removed the checkmark (or filled in block) for the "Load Startup Services" option, and probably the others as well.

This clears out your services so that none of them start.

If so set it back to do a normal boot.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.