Are they compatible: Wamp 2.2., Apache 2.4, PHP 5.6.6?
Posted by: lexxtoronto (---.cable.teksavvy.com)
Date: March 05, 2015 07:14PM

I cant install wamp 2.5 because I have Windows XP, and I would prefer to have it that way. I was able to upgrade PHP from PHP 5.3.8 to PHP 5.6.6, but then Apache wouldnt start.

So are they compatible? Wamp 2.2 + Apache 2.4 + PHP 5.6.6?

If they are then I will try find a way to upgrade Apache too, but if not then I dont want to waste time. Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Are they compatible: Wamp 2.2., Apache 2.4, PHP 5.6.6?
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: March 05, 2015 08:33PM

I am afraid this is outside the ability of WAMPServer to do anything about.

This is because, Microsoft has made it impossible for the MSVC11-VS2012 C/C++ runtime library to be installed on any version of XP.

Unfortunately as Apache 2.4.9 requires this runtime library this means you cannot install WAMPServer 2.5 on Windows XP.

You can however install WAMPServer 2.4 which contains Apache 2.2.4 ( fairly close to the most recent version )

WAMPServer 2.4 Downloadable from [sourceforge.net]

Also All versions of PHP after 5.5.12 are also compiled with MSVC11(VS2012) so they are also outside the ability of Windows XP to run.

I am afraid XP is dead, you are going to have to consider upgrading, it did afterall have a life of over 10 years.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2015 08:38PM by RiggsFolly.

Date: March 05, 2015 09:01PM

Awesome, thanks very much!

I have wamp 2.5 running on my notebook and my Win 7 desktop died, so I bought an old machine with XP just for the time being, so needed PHP 5.5 on it temporarily ($60 for 2GB RAM, Intel 3GHz was a steal lol)

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: March 05, 2015 09:09PM

So install your W7 from the broken PC on the new stopgap PC, unless of course its an OEM version of the OS which is not allowed.

Its never worth using OEM OS as this stuff happens and then you are up the proverbial creek.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: March 05, 2015 09:15PM

No, I dont think its OEM. I will consider it if it doesnt work with wamp 2.4, I just dont want to spend time installing a new win and all other programs and drivers. Thanks again!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.