DNS main access to localhost
Posted by: LifeEscalade (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: August 22, 2016 09:26PM

So, i've been trying to get my vhost setup and for apache to point to that as the main landing page. Today I was able to access wamp server page using my noip hostname i have set up, as well as accessing the project folder which is where I set my vhost to point to. Now, is there any way to have my vhost as the main landing as opposed to my server page? I've looked around and some similar problems were corrected however they do not match what I need.

Many Thanks,
LifeEscalade

UPDATE: Upon further searching of the forum, I tried editing in vhost.conf to change Require local to Require all granted, however this still does not work.

1 - Windows version used - Windows 10 64 bit
2 - Version WampServer - 3.0.5
3 - Apache Version - 2.4.18
4 - PHP Version - 5.6.19
5 - MySQL Version - 5.7.11
6 - What color is the WampServer icon - Green

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2016 09:40PM by LifeEscalade.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DNS main access to localhost
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: August 22, 2016 09:42PM

Show your vhosts definition file

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Re: DNS main access to localhost
Posted by: LifeEscalade (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: August 22, 2016 09:56PM

#
# Virtual Hosts
#

<VirtualHost *:80>
	ServerName localhost
	DocumentRoot c:/wamp64/www
	<Directory  "c:/wamp64/www/">
		Options +Indexes +FollowSymLinks +MultiViews
		AllowOverride All
		Require local
	</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:80>
	ServerName files
	DocumentRoot c:/wamp64/www/chzlfpv
	<Directory  "c:/wamp64/www/chzlfpv/">
		Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
		AllowOverride All
		Require local
	</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

I have re-edited to Require local. This allows me access through my host machine, however still reads as Forbidden when I attempt to access through non-lan device. All I am attempting to do is allow access strictly to the virtual host set up through Add Virtual Host system in wampserver homepage.

EDIT: ended up changing vhost name in HOSTS file and re-editing vhost.conf to supply localhost as Require local and virtual host as Require all granted. This fixed the issue of having server homepage as landing page when noip hostname was used, and throws Forbidden if ip is entered instead.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2016 01:02AM by RiggsFolly.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.