Start WAMP under Windows Active Directory
Posted by: rrmaniar28 (103.35.133.---)
Date: August 22, 2016 02:29PM

Hello,

Server: Windows Active Directory (192.168.0.251)

Client: Windows 10 home (192.168.0.2)

Software: WAMP 3 64-bit.

Windows Active Directory User: DOMAIN.LOCAL\rrmaniar28

I am running Windows Active Directory on my Windows Server 2012 Standard. I want to do here is install and run WAMP on my client machine (not on the windows AD server). I am able to install WAMP and it's running services automatically. But the tray menu is not visible to the rrmaniar28 user. It is visible only to the Administrator user.

Also, I am not able to restart the WAMP services with the rrmaniar28 user and I am not able to enable and/or disable any Apache or PHP extensions/modules.

Can someone help here?

Thanks in advance,
Rakshit Maniar

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Start WAMP under Windows Active Directory
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: August 22, 2016 03:33PM

WAMPServer needs to be run "As Administrator" as by default only the admin account has the rights to Start and Stop services.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Re: Start WAMP under Windows Active Directory
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: August 22, 2016 06:52PM

Hi,

> I am able to install WAMP and it's running services automatically
In addition to what was written by Riggs Folly, if you run the wampapache and wampmysqld services in automatic mode, you can not launch Wampmanager.

For this to work it must be Wampmanager that starts the services.
If this is not Wampmanager that starts the services, they will not be stopped or suspended and Wampmanager will not load or not extensions or Apache modules and other things like that.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.