MySQL problem with larger data sets
Posted by: djtenagra (---.hsd1.ut.comcast.net)
Date: August 19, 2016 09:14PM

I am having an odd and difficult to diagnose problem with MySQL. First of all, I am using Wampserver v3.0.4 64bit, with all of the original versions that come with that release. I am running Windows 10 (64bit of course).

The problem arises when I try to execute a Perl script that loads a large amount of data. One example is in an application I am doing for a client. He wants a certain page where he can associate a person from a list with some other item. He wants all the people from the "Person" table loaded into a drop-down as one of the fields he can edit on this particular page.

The Person table has quite a few people in it now (414 at the moment). When my script tries to populate the drop-down, it stops part way through, eventually timing out. The net result is that edit page never finishes loading.

I am using the same Perl code I have used for years to perform a straightforward population of a drop-down.

It's not the browser - I've tried this with Chrome, IE v11, and others. The data stops loading at the same point in all browsers.

Thankfully, this does not happen on the production Linux server, where the live system is used. But it sure causes me some grief as I try to continue code development on my local computer.

I have checked all the points in the troubleshooting post. Nothing shows up in the Wampserver logs. Same for the Windows event viewer. It just silently fails to load the rest of the data.

I've double checked and experimented with various other settings with MySQL and Apache. However, most of the default settings that look like they might have some effect on data limits are all far larger than this relatively small set of data I am trying to load. I have yet to find any setting that makes a difference.

The other obvious things: the Wampserver icon is green. I use ZoneAlarm for virus and firewall, and I double checked that ZA and Windows are not blocking the relevant ports. The Wampserver install path is C:\wamp.

Does anyone have any idea of what could be causing this?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2016 09:22PM by djtenagra.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: MySQL problem with larger data sets
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: August 20, 2016 09:35AM

Hi,

> Thankfully, this does not happen on the production Linux server, where the live system is used.
First, we must make comparisons between the Linux server and Wampserver:
- PHP Settings
- Loaded PHP Extensions
- MySQL Settings
- Apache Settings
- Apache modules loaded.

Second, without any warning or error message in the Apache, MySQL or PHP logs, it is almost impossible mission to find a solution.
You must look as if your script there would be no instructions or function calls with masking errors, like @mysqli_query or other functions with @.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.