fuzzy/blurry anti-alias(?) borders/edges on graphics
Posted by: IT Hertz (---.hstntx.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: August 19, 2016 12:49AM

Well, I couldn't find this via search, so maybe my theme (Kingsize) is the culprit?

Fuzzy edges on certain graphics occur when working with the site in WAMPserver, both 32-bit and 64-bit.

Those same graphics/images have sharp borders/edges on the live site.

Specifically, the worst offender is a vertical menu with repeating background image.
Regular images, such as gallery images and front page background image are sharp and normal-looking in WAMP.

Also, when working with a menu recently, I discovered WAMP displayed a black background under the last menu item, as intended, but when I put the changes on the live site, this same background area was transparent (or simply missing the background).
This obviously makes it difficult to test changes on localhost prior to publishing them live, so I have to discover the issues after they've gone live, then undo them on the live site, return to localhost, attempt to correct, send revision to live site to test, etc. etc. It's a huge time-waster.

Both of the above mentioned effects are present in FF, Chrome and IE.

If it's my theme's fault, what could be causing it to behave differently in WAMP than the live site?
I haven't found anything in the theme's files that appear to be unusual in terms of image handling.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: fuzzy/blurry anti-alias(?) borders/edges on graphics
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: August 19, 2016 02:01AM

Remember, WAMPServer i.e. Apache is just serving html/css/images/javascript to a browser just like the Apache on your live server.

Difference are not down to WAMPServer. They may be due to bad configuration of something in WAMPServer but that is really down to you to make sure your DEV and LIVE environments are equivalently configured.

Face it, we dont know how your or everyone elses LIVE site is configured so we set a base config that will run.

After that it is up to you to ensure your test environment properly simulates your LIVE environment

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Re: fuzzy/blurry anti-alias(?) borders/edges on graphics
Posted by: IT Hertz (---.hstntx.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: August 19, 2016 06:14AM

er.. I wasn't blaming WAMPserver. I just hoped perhaps someone who has the same issue may read the thread and possibly have a fix.

At any rate, I proved to myself that it isn't a WAMP thing, because I just installed XAMPP and I get the same graphics issue.

Obviously, my theme isn't playing nice with localhost environments for some reason. Anybody using Kingsize theme and managed to fix this? Please chime in!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.