virtual host to link directly to wordpress login url
Posted by: IT Hertz (---.hstntx.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: August 18, 2016 07:44AM

I got this working, sort of. The sub-menu links send me to my choice url, but apache reports directory and root do not exist for wp-login.php -- understandable, since, as a file, it isn't a folder tree component.
The other problems are that the URL is localhost/wordpress/wp-login.php, so it isn't dropping localhost and it isn't auto-filling the login form like it does when I manually visit the page via browser URL bar. When I logout, my credentials appear in the login form, but they're gone the next time I bring up the form via WAMPs VirtualHosts sub-menu link.

specs:
Windows 10 Pro
WAMPserver 3.0.4 32bit
Apache 2.4.18
PHP 5.6.19
MySQL 5.7.11

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2016 08:16AM by IT Hertz.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: virtual host to link directly to wordpress login url
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: August 18, 2016 10:03AM

Hi,

Did you install WP using the Virtual Host name or did you install WP using the url localhost/wordpress/.....

Remember that WP remembers the domain (url) you use when installing and will then force that onto the url it uses to make internal redirects

This may help [codex.wordpress.org]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Re: virtual host to link directly to wordpress login url
Posted by: IT Hertz (---.hstntx.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: August 19, 2016 12:19AM

ahh.. I figured it would be something really simple I had overlooked.

I removed localhost from the site & home URLs in the database, which took care of that issue.

Then I changed the vhost to point to wp-admin instead of wp-login.php, which fixed the DocumentRoot and Directory error notices on the localhost page (and sub-menu).

It's working 100% now -- I have sub-menu links for the front-end and the admin login with pre-filled creds, yay!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.