Access from LAN, e.g with iPhone or Tablet etc
Posted by: Marc45 (---.dip0.t-ipconnect.de)
Date: January 15, 2015 05:12PM

Hi,

1 - Windows version used (Specify whether 32 or 64 bit): 64
2 - Version WampServer (Specify whether 32 or 64 bit): 32
3 - Apache Version 2.4.9
4 - PHP Version 5.5.12
5 - MySQL Version 5.6.17
6 - What color is the WampServer icon (in the notification area of the taskbar)? green

7 - WAMP installed with default settings.
8 - local firewall (F-Secure Internet Security) is using the default windows firewall. Port 80 / LAN open.
9 - Using fixed IP for my PC in my LAN (192.168.2.2)

WAMP ist up & running on my local PC as localhost. Have got 4x Wordpress installations on D:\wamp\www ... works brilliant!

Issue: I am not able to access my wordpress installations from LAN, it doesn't matter which device I choose.

iPhone, tablet or any other device via LAN:
-> access 192.168.2.2 ...Works! Wampserver page.
-> access 192.168.2.2/wordpress1 ...Forbidden / you don't have permission to access..
-> access 192.168.2.2/wordpress2 ...Not found

I spend nearly every night over the last 2 weeks and read tips/hints/tricks about httpd.conf, about "how to create virtual hosts", step-by-step instructions,.. reinstalled windows (!) + wampserver etc. but I didn't get it, always the same error.

Is there any step-by-step documentation to make it work out there how to do this?
Some instructions on several blogs are outdated, they describe that Allow All etc isn't working anymore, use all granted something due to the new apache version etc.

It would be really great if someone have a documentation in place, based to the current version of wamp server, how to reach you wordpress installations from LAN. That would be great :-)

Best regards
M.

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2015 07:14AM by Marc45.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.