Returning form data
Posted by: zzzDel (---.static.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: December 15, 2014 06:49PM

Hello

I'm very new to Wamp and taking a course that involves some basic PHP scripting. I'm following a W3schools tutorial located [www.w3schools.com]

I have copied the syntax of the first example on that page word for word, and named it index.html. The next section with the gray background I've copied and named it welcome.php. My issue is that when I fill out the form data, the "variables" aren't returned to me like they are supposed to and as shown in the example on the site. I just get the text:

Welcome
Your email address is:

I've tried renaming the first file to index.php, reinstalling wamp, and a variety of other things with no luck. I don't know why the PHP isn't being processed, can anyone help? Is this a wamp configuration issue?

1 - Windows version used - 8.1 64bit
2 - Version WampServer - 2.5 64bit
3 - Apache Version - 2.4.9
4 - PHP Version - 5.5.12
5 - MySQL Version - 5.6.17
6 - What color is the WampServer icon - Green

Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Returning form data
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: December 15, 2014 11:52PM

Does the WAMPServer homepage run when you the url localhost. If so then PHP is working.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.