WampServer Localhost attempt to login to Wordpress.org comes up with 404 error
Posted by: roleary (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: November 25, 2014 09:14PM

1 - Windows version used (Specify whether 32 or 64 bit): 64
2 - Version WampServer (Specify whether 32 or 64 bit): 64
3 - Apache Version: 2.4.9
4 - PHP Version: 5.5.12
5 - MySQL Version: 5.6.17
6 - What color is the WampServer icon (in the notification area of the taskbar) : Orange
I have had the WampServer since May and have been working on the website. I had it all done, but then had an issue with the menu area, with some headings disappearing and the subs spreading out over the screen. I started a new version of mantra on wordpress through IPage. I was copying and pasting page content over and, before I could finish it, I had a 404 error issue accessing the website. I am really wanting to finally get the website up.
So, when I load into wordpress.org, the following is what I enter, after which the login screen pops up:
[localhost]
I load my Email and password into it and it opens to my dashboard for the site.
I was able to get to wordpress.org with the wp-admin and loaded my email and password in and it brought me to the wordpress.org website homepage.
Should I just reload wampserver or is there something simple that I can do. This is my first website so I am not too savvy about all this.
Any help would be appreciated.
Robert O'Leary

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WampServer Localhost attempt to login to Wordpress.org comes up with 404 error
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: November 26, 2014 09:59AM

Hi Robert,

You say that your WAMPManager icon is ORANGE.

This means that one of the services, either Apache or MySQL has not started. So we need to investigate which one has the problem and then look at fixing it.

If the WampServer icon is NOT GREEN please ensure you have looked at these files :-
a - Apache error log
-- ( wampmanager -> Apache -> Apache error log )
-- ( wampmanager -> Apache -> Apache access log )
b - MySQL error log ( wampmanager -> MySQL -> MySQL log )
c - PHP error log ( wampmanager -> PHP -> PHP error log )

Depending on the error, one or all of the above may be empty so also look at
d - The windows event viewer
--- Windows Key + R to launch the run dialog then enter eventvwr.exe and press the OK button
--- - On the left side of the windows click 'Windows Logs -> Applications'
--- - Look for the names 'Apache Service' or 'MySQL' in the Source column which have a error symbol in the first column.

If you find any errors that you cannot fix for yourself please post the COMPLETE EXACT error message in your question.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.