Not a bribe..
Posted by: freespirit (---.plus.com)
Date: July 09, 2016 08:26AM

You guys are so cool, where does one donate?

freespirit

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Not a bribe..
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: July 09, 2016 09:28AM

Hi,

I'm afraid there's no longer a link for a donation.
Anyway, we support Wampserver (developments and aids) because it makes us happy and this: "work" is for fun - it is priceless
If you really want to give something, do it to a recognized charity of your country.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2016 03:13PM by RiggsFolly.

Date: July 10, 2016 03:10PM

Okay: thank you for all your tireless work and support to thousands of people that use this software. it really is of great value. Truly.

freespirit

Date: July 27, 2016 09:56AM

Hi Oto and Riggs.

Once again I really thank you for the help from both of you, everything is working and I am so grateful.

Is it possible for you to set up a page here [www.gofundme.com] for something that would support your work or support a wish that you personally wish to see happen for someone else or for you to create a wampservers donation page for water pumps in Africa or something?? I would like to donate something.

kind regards
free

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: July 27, 2016 03:51PM

Hi,

My maternal great-grandmother said: "The generosity must be anonymous and discreet."
It is a principle that I always follow, so I do not want to use Web pages to make donations.
For a long time I practice what I call "proximity Caritative". There is no lack, alas, in the street, of homeless or refugees for whom a small gesture is comforting.
Do the same, there is no need the Internet to be kind and generous.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: July 27, 2016 04:47PM

Hi Oto

You're grandmother was of course correct and you too are an inspiration for what you call 'proximity Caritative'. I wholly agree. The subject of giving and charity is outside the scope of discussion on this board I imagine, but I would argue that all things are included and appreciated regardless of how it is delivered!:-)

But I won't go on and your point has been noted..

I shall therefore, be content to just have the fond appreciation I have for your work and consider my contribution of voluntary support training to those 'elderly' in my town who don't know how to use a computer and want to learn and for it to be in part, because of you and Riggs advancing me just that little bit more in my computing knowledge.

Thanks again.
free :-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.