Installing Softaculous on wampserver 3.0.4
Posted by: gneto3 (---.user.vivozap.com.br)
Date: July 08, 2016 06:00AM

Hello .. Good evening.

I am Gabriel - Brazil,

fully follow the tutorial link below, but I'm having trouble only for the root password of MySQL that does not confer on softaculus installation within the wampserver?

[www.softaculous.com]

Note: I changed passwords and also changed to no password. Also changed the config.inc.php file, but to no avail.

Attached is the link where the image shows the root MySQL password does not confer even when configured and acecessivel in phpMyAdmin,

[www.dropbox.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Installing Softaculous on wampserver 3.0.4
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: July 08, 2016 10:36AM

Hi

The MYSQL root password is by default (after initial install) set to Nothing i.e. the password is blank.

I also notice that tutorial uses a \wamp64\scripts folder. WAMPServer already has a folder called `\wamp\scripts` in which we store scripts related to WAMPServer itself. Dont use that folder for anything from scripttaculous. Use another folder name.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2016 10:28AM by RiggsFolly.

Posted by: gneto3 (---.dsl.telesp.net.br)
Date: July 10, 2016 06:06AM

Thank you mr. RiggsFolly.

I created a new installation which you mentioned, but still with the same problem in the root password of the PMA.

Note: Even co configurations default password for a new installation it does not charge.

The version of wampserver 3.0.4 I use is x64

[www.dropbox.com]

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: July 10, 2016 09:49AM

Hi,

RiggsFolly told you not to use c:\wamp\scripts\

Apparently Softaculous wants there is a password for MySQL so, go to PhpMyAdmin, User accounts tab and for the three users root (127.0.0.1, localhost and ::1) Edit privilèges, then Change password and put THE SAME password for the three.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2016 03:14PM by RiggsFolly.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.