Keep WampServer default localhost page AND use Virtual Hosts
Posted by: funkyfrank (46.19.139.---)
Date: November 10, 2014 01:50PM

In this topic [forum.wampserver.com] I learned how good and great it is to use VirtualHosts with WampServer. Since then I have come to get the hang of it and things are going pretty well. In fact one does get used to typing out the VH definition and adding the site to the HOSTS file pretty quickly.

Now I am wondering another thing.

Without Virtual Hosts the default localhost site shows the WampServer server configuration. So to speak the home of WampServer.

Here is an image of what I mean to be clear: [lh3.googleusercontent.com]

Now when using Virtual Hosts as soon as I set them up, the default localhost site will change to the site I like to preview.

Question:
Is there a way to keep the default WampServer server configuration site on localhost AND have VirtualHosts defined but loading from e.g. localhost/VirtualHosts/?

Basically I am trying to keep the default WampServer server configuration site on localhost as it is while still being able to use VirtualHosts with other personal projects.

Here [forum.wampserver.com] in the section "Small aside" it says : [The first definition in this file (httpd-vhosts.conf) will also be the default site..].

Is there a way to keep the default WampServer server configuration site in this default state and add all other VirtualHosts after that?

If that is not possible is it possible to define a VirtualHost for the default WampServer server configuration site and like this be able to keep this default WampServer server configuration site?

Basically I am looking for a way to keep the default WampServer server configuration site while being able to add VirtualHosts as well for my personal projects.

Thank you for any help.

Best
Frank

Version of Operating system? Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Version of Wamp Server installed? 2.5 32bit
Version of Apache you are running? 2.4.9
Version of MySQL you are running? 5.6.17
Version of PHP you are running? 5.5.12
What colour is your WampManager icon? Green
Host file localhost 127.0.0.1

New to WAMP?
Read this please: [forum.wampserver.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Keep WampServer default localhost page AND use Virtual Hosts
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: November 10, 2014 02:54PM

Yes Frank,

I think I understand what you mean.

Like I said in the document, make the Virtual Host definition for 'localhost' the first VH in the httpd-vhost.conf file.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: funkyfrank (---.234.27.17.81.swissinet.com)
Date: November 11, 2014 09:21AM

Silly silly me! It reads right there in front of my eyes!

[forum.wampserver.com]

========>
"Very important, first we must make sure that localhost still works so that is the first VHOST definition we will put in this file." !!!
<========

<VirtualHost *:80>
DocumentRoot "c:/wamp/www"
ServerName localhost
ServerAlias localhost
<Directory "c:/wamp/www">
AllowOverride All
Require local
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

Sometimes one cannot see the forest for the trees.

Thank you!

Best
Frank

Version of Operating system? Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Version of Wamp Server installed? 2.5 32bit
Version of Apache you are running? 2.4.9
Version of MySQL you are running? 5.6.17
Version of PHP you are running? 5.5.12
What colour is your WampManager icon? Green
Host file localhost 127.0.0.1

New to WAMP?
Read this please: [forum.wampserver.com]

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: November 11, 2014 10:28AM

No sweat, we all do it

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.