Can WAMP work with Windows8?
Posted by: jross (101.172.127.---)
Date: November 10, 2014 06:56AM

Hi, I'm trying to install WAMP on a Win8 laptop but keep getting the missing msvcr110.dll error message. I looked up how to solve this by loading Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) but I look further and this is only for Windows7. I can't find a Win8 version and I'm still getting the missing msvcr110.dll error message.

Am I barking up the wrong tree?

I've looked through this forum but can't find the right answer. Any help would be appreciated.

JR

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can WAMP work with Windows8?
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: November 10, 2014 10:25AM

The Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) is not specific to a Windows version, it is installable on all Windows versions newer than XP.

You should also have some other C++ runtimes as well mainly the 2008 library as that is used by wampmanager ( the icon that runs in the system tray)

Here is a post that should help, and point you at the correct locations to download all of them.

Remember to download and install, them one at a time, as the name of the exe that installs them is the same in most cases, and that can get very confusing.

[forum.wampserver.com]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Re: Can WAMP work with Windows8?
Posted by: jross (101.172.127.---)
Date: November 10, 2014 10:58PM

Thanks very much. Following your advice got things working.

Thanks again - JR

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.