Installing Zend Loader on Wampserver 2.0i
Posted by: annie1 (---.2-1.cable.virginm.net)
Date: November 08, 2014 12:06AM

hi - i've installed wampserver 2.0i - i understand i must use zend loader due to php 5.3.3 but i can't find instructions on how to install - can anyone please help?

win xp sp3

wampserver 2.0i

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Installing Zend Loader on Wampserver 2.0i
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: November 08, 2014 12:47AM

Do you mean Zend Guard Loader?

You use this if the code you are running has been obfiscated using Zend Guard.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: November 08, 2014 01:50AM

RiggsFolly Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Do you mean Zend Guard Loader?
>
> You use this if the code you are running has been
> obfiscated using Zend Guard.

referring to a previous post - i was using wampserver 2.0 (with zend optimizer) - it stopped working - i tried wamserver 2.1 but couldn't get it to work.

i'm now using wampserver2.0i that i've installed my cubecart 4.3 on but when i try to access the shops homepage i obtain a page stating a zend requirement.

as i cannot intall zend optimizer due to the php 5.3.3 , zend 'guard' loader (sorry) appears to be the only other option.

however i can't find info on how to do this - if you can help i'd be obliged.

Date: November 08, 2014 02:01AM

You might be better off looking on the cubecart forum for help with that [www.cubecartforums.org]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: November 08, 2014 02:05AM

RiggsFolly Wrote:
> Do you mean Zend Guard Loader?
>
> You use this if the code you are running has been
> obfiscated using Zend Guard.

referring to a previous post - i was using wampserver 2.0 (with zend optimizer) - it stopped working - i tried wamserver 2.1 but couldn't get it to work.

i'm now using wampserver2.0i that i've installed my cubecart 4.3 on but when i try to access the shops homepage i obtain a page stating a zend requirement.

as i cannot intall zend optimizer due to the php 5.3.3 , zend 'guard' loader (sorry) appears to be the only other option.

however i can't find info on how to do this - if you can help i'd be obliged.

ps: thread safe is enabled so does this mean i can't install the loader as its NTS?

i wish i could just find a download of my original WS 2.0.

Date: November 08, 2014 03:25AM

RiggsFolly Wrote:
> You might be better off looking on the cubecart
> forum for help with that
> [www.cubecartforums.org]

with respect, i would have regarded my post regarding the addition of the zend guard loader extension to wamp as a general case rather than specific to cubecart..

i installed the unofficial "steve martin" 2.0j version & from what i can (now) gather, with thread safety "enabled", the zend guard loader extension cannot be loaded. as it is NTS.

i had wamp running for years until it stopped - i believe, due to a system restore.

many thanks

Date: November 08, 2014 01:31PM

As I am about the only person who BOTHERS to provide help on this board, and I have ZERO experience of Zend Guard I thought I would guide you to somewhere that might provide you the assistance you needed.

Now you mention the TS/NTS issue, it does ring a bell. Thats may explain why I have no experience.

As far as I am aware all versions of WAMPServer have and do come configured in a way that requires all modules to be THREAD SAFE i.e. they use the Apache LoadModule approach and not the FastCGI mechanism.

Thread Safety means that binary can work in a multithreaded webserver context, such as Apache 2 on Windows.
Thread Safety works by creating a local storage copy in each thread, so that the data won't collide with another thread.

If you choose to run PHP as a CGI binary, then you won't need thread safety, because the binary is invoked at each request.

Apache + LoadModule: Thread Safe
Apache + FastCGI: Non-Thread Safe

If you want to run PHP using CGI or FastCGI it is quite possible to amend the standard WAMPServer configuration to do this. That would allow you to run your Zend Guard protected code using the reconfigured WAMPServer. Before you ask I have never done this!!!! So I would not be able to provide any assistance, although thinking about it, I may decide to have a play with the idea and if I do I will create a Tutorial on the subject.
The PHP Manual page to get you started is : [uk3.php.net]

Also can I remind you, and anybody else looking here, that I do not work for AlterWay, and I nor anybody else that I am aware of is PAID by them or anybody else, for what I or they do here. I help out here, by way of paying for my use of WAMPServer rather than making the suggested donation.

I spend quite a bit of time providing what help I can on this board, mainly to people who cannot be bothered to do any of their own reasearch and who expect to install a web server and serious database management software, without making any effort to learn how to use either and without any idea of the complexities of both of those technologies.

So in closing, I believe I have earned a little of your respect, while the converse may not be the case.

Date: November 08, 2014 04:07PM

dear RiggsFolly - i have observed the numerous contributions & help you have provided here & i for one appreciate & am much obliged to you.

perhaps you can help me in my final last ditch attemptmoody smiley

i have now installed wampserver 2.0c (php 5.2.6) & i can now, without compromise, use "Zend Optimizer" that i have just downloaded

however although i installed the "zend optimizer" on my original wamp years ago i can't remember how & as i mentioned JLBN.Net was a great help but the site seems to have collapsed.

i've searched high & low but i can't find instructions on how to install the zend optimizer.

have tried the cubecart forums but no luck & have just registered today on the zend forum.

thanks again.

Date: November 08, 2014 06:04PM

Like I said before, I have no experience with either

However if you like JLBN ( must say the advertizing annoys the hell out of me. ) here is his tutorials, all you need to do is manualy change the url to get throught the pages that appear to have lost there Next... option

[guides.jlbn.net]
[guides.jlbn.net]
[guides.jlbn.net]
[guides.jlbn.net]
[guides.jlbn.net]
[guides.jlbn.net]
[guides.jlbn.net]

Date: November 09, 2014 02:02AM

hi RiggsFolly - that was very astute of you regarding the html url's.

so i'm finally glad to report that everything is working.

with kind appreciation.

cheryl anne

Date: November 09, 2014 12:51PM

OK Great,

So are you saying you got Zend Optimizer to run in Thread Safe mode?

I dont suppose you would consider doing a little HOWTO Doc for use on this site should others be in your situation?

Date: November 09, 2014 04:41PM

RiggsFolly Wrote:
> OK Great,
>
>
> So are you saying you got Zend Optimizer to run in
> Thread Safe mode?
>
> I dont suppose you would consider doing a little
> HOWTO Doc for use on this site should others be in
> your situation?

hi - yes, regarding ts mode.

i'll post back details later when i get back from my mum's

thanks

Date: November 09, 2014 08:37PM

hi RiggsFolly please feel free to change or add anything as required

installation of the "Zend OPtimizer v3.3.3" extension in a version of wampserver with php5.2.x or less - thread safety (enabled)

note: Zend Optimizer v3.3.3 has issue with php5.3.x or greater - i believe "Zend Guard Loader" is required.

i'm using wampserver 2.0c (php 5.2.6).

xp sp3

application under development = cubecart v4.3.0 (zend decoder required)

steps to install:

1) create a target folder for extraction of optimizer files - in my case c:\zend

2) go to the zend site downloader page [www.zend.com] look for "download older versions" & choose "zend optimizer (runtime for php 5.2 and earlier)"..

3) download & extract the files to c:\zend (or whatever you have)

4) in the Wamp directory go to bin\apache....\bin\php.ini file and add the following lines at the top:

[Zend]
zend_extension_manager.optimizer_ts="C:\Zend\ZendOptimizer-3.3.3\Optimizer-3.3.3"
zend_extension_ts="C:\Zend\ZendOptimizer-3.3.3\ZendExtensionManager.dll"

restart Wamp & the zend optimizer should be listed in the wanp server application homepage if active, or phpinfo()

thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2014 01:46AM by annie1.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.