403 Forbidden, You don't have permission to access / on this server.
Posted by: allan_fernandes@yahoo.co.uk (---.58.226.9.mtnl.net.in)
Date: June 26, 2016 09:34PM

I have installed wampserver3_x86_apache2.4.17_mysql5.7.9_php5.6.15.exe on my VPS with Windows Server 2012 R2. Firewalls are put off. Using web Browser URL 'localhost' is showing the 'Server Configuration' screen.
From my laptop I get below message tough I have given all users Full rights for the c:\WAMP folder and subfolders.

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Apache/2.4.17 (Win32) PHP/5.6.15 Server at 172.245.213.197 Port 80

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 403 Forbidden, You don't have permission to access / on this server.
Posted by: gneto3 (---.dsl.telesp.net.br)
Date: June 27, 2016 02:51AM

Hello .. Good evening.

I have the same problem but to access external, already tried with other ports, but it did not work.
The version I'm using is 3.0.4.
I can access the external port 80, but it appears the message:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.
Apache/2.4.18 (Win64) PHP/5.6.19 Server at snorfish.ddns.net Port 80

Posted by: developer68 (---.pkbgcmtk01.res.dyn.suddenlink.net)
Date: June 27, 2016 03:44AM

You need to update your apache http.conf file so you can access the directories that serve your pages.

<Directory "c:/wamp/www">
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride None
Require all granted
</Directory>

Posted by: allan_fernandes@yahoo.co.uk (---.58.195.252.mtnl.net.in)
Date: June 27, 2016 07:13AM

Put Online was the solution. Only issue was that in version 3 they have hidden the option from the control panel. I had to go into Right Click Tray 'Wamp Settings' / 'Menu items : Online / Offline'

After selecting this only then does the option appear on the Control Panel. I suppose this is done to discourage this method of usage and make developers go in for Virtual Host.

Posted by: developer68 (---.pkbgcmtk01.res.dyn.suddenlink.net)
Date: June 29, 2016 10:16PM

"I suppose this is done to discourage this method of usage and make developers go in for Virtual Host."

I was told in another post to use Virtual Host instead of IP address but if you are developing on your own network and you don't have a DNS server then Virtual Host doesn't work. I also don't use the Put Online option as mine works fine when listening on something other than port 80. Why they are stearing everyone away from httpd.conf?

Just my 2 cents worth.

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: June 29, 2016 11:42PM

Hi

>I was told in another post to use Virtual Host instead of IP address but if you are developing on your own network and you don't have a DNS server then Virtual Host doesn't work.

Yes of course they do. All you need to do is add your VH Domian name ot the HOSTS file.
You might find this document worth a quick read [forum.wampserver.com]

c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

Add

127.0.0.1 VH-Domain-Name.dev

for example. In WAMPServer v3 we even made it easy to do by adding the script \wamp\www\add_vhost.php which is accessible via the TOOLS menu on the WAMPServer Homepage.

Just my 50 bucks worth

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2016 11:43PM by RiggsFolly.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.