[closed] This has been EDITED - Having problems using Localhost project links on both the 32 bit and 64 bit version of WAMP 3
Posted by: SimonT (---.lightspeed.stlsmo.sbcglobal.net)
Date: June 20, 2016 07:54AM

** I edited this to make the subject more meaningful and to try and show some HTML - there's a note about that below:

I have WAMP 3 64 bit installed in \wamp64 and I just installed WAMP 3 32bit in \wamp32. I am not trying to run them at the same time. The 64 bit version still functions properly.

I'm going to refer to the 32 bit installation as WAMP32 and the 64 bit installation as WAMP64, for simplicity.

Running WAMP 32, I'm seeing errors trying to access a site via its project link on the Localhost page and when trying to create a virtual host.

I am going to concentrate first on the project link problem and will post a new topic about the virtual host errors later.

After I install WAMP32, make a www subdirectory, named bobroot, and put a site in there, if I go to it via the link on the Localhost, WAMP uses:

[bobroot]

and it produces a 404 error.

If I manually enter

localhost/bobroot

into the browser's address bar, I get to the site correctly.

The only things I changed in the installation procedure of WAMP32 was to use \wamp32 instead of \wamp as the install directoryu and Wampserver32 instead of Wampserver for the Windows Start Menu folder.

Without doing anything else, I immediately put a site in a the directory \wamp32\www\bobroot and tried to access it via the project link on the Localhost page.

The link for the project on the Localhost page is to [bobroot]

The HTML on the Localhost is --- I tried multiple ways to show you the HTML but the forum software keeps making it unreadable. Is there a way to enter the HTML for a link - that is, an anchor tag - without the software changing it?

I shutdown WAMP32 and started WAMP64 and tried the project link on the Localhost page - it is the same as for WAMP32 [bobroot] and the HTML is also the same as with the 32 bit version.

I confirmed that it is the 64 bit version - if I click the icon, I see 64 bit - Quick Admin

So, why is the link on the Localhost page for the project, in the directory \wamp64\www\bobroot in the 64 bit version the same as the link on the \wamp32\www\bobroot in the 32 bit version the same?

<a href="[bobroot];

That link fails with a 404 error.

If I manually go to localhost/bobroot, my home page opens.

I had never used the project link in WAMP64, I created a virtual host right away. I just learned right now that it also fails.

The About for WAMP64 is

WampServer Version 3.0.4 64bit
Created by Romain Bourdon
Maintainer / Upgrade to 2.5 by Herve Leclerc
Upgrade 2.5 to 3.0.0 by Otomatic (wampserver@otomatic.net)
Multi styles for homepage by Jojaba
Installer by Inno Setup
[forum.wampserver.com]
______________________ Versions used ______________________
Apache 2.4.18 - PHP 5.6.19 - MySQL 5.7.11
PHP 5.6.19 for CLI (Command-Line Interface)

I'll shutdown WAMP64 and start WAMP32 and give you that About information ------

It is:

WampServer Version 3.0.0
Created by Romain Bourdon
Maintainer / Upgrade to 2.5 by Herve Leclerc
Upgrade 2.5 to 3.0.0 by Otomatic (wampserver@otomatic.net)
Multi styles for homepage by Jojaba
[forum.wampserver.com]

I confirmed it is the 32 bit version I just looked at, it says "Quick Admin" -- the 64 bit version shows, as I said above, "64bit Quick Admin"

What more information do you want?

As I said, I'll post about the problems trying to make a virtual host on WAMP32 later. It is a very long post and I have to proofread it to be sure that what I have typed is accurate.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2016 04:21AM by SimonT.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: This has been EDITED - Having problems using Localhost project links on both the 32 bit and 64 bit version of WAMP 3
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: June 20, 2016 04:48PM

Hi,

> I confirmed it is the 32 bit version I just looked at, it says "Quick Admin"
> -- the 64 bit version shows, as I said above, "64bit Quick Admin"

32 bit is Wampserver 3.0.0 while 64 bit is Wampserver 3.0.4.
Update 32 bit to 3.0.4 and it will be the same.

As I explain in another post, you need to use the same VirtualHosts for 32 and 64 bits but localhost that needs different DocumentRoot and Directory depending on the installation, maybe :
- c:/wamp32/www/ for 32 bits
- c:/wamp64/www/ for 64 bits

And, as explained in The need for Virtual Host, you should not use:
- the launches by "Your projects"
or
- directly in the address bar by 'http://localhost/myproject/'

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Re: This has been EDITED - Having problems using Localhost project links on both the 32 bit and 64 bit version of WAMP 3
Date: June 20, 2016 11:44PM

I will update 32 bit to latest version.

Please see my reply on the post I made at [forum.wampserver.com] regarding the original problem I ran into, when I was working on error that I ran into the project link problem.

I'll stop trying to use project file links completely as I have done on the 64 bit version.

I came across this error when I was working on the error I posted about at [forum.wampserver.com]

Thanks

Date: June 21, 2016 04:21AM

Yes, error is still present with upgrade to 32 bit 3.04.

I'll use virtual hosts, as i said before, once I can create them.

I'll go see about making one manually.

I'm going to mark this as [closed] in the subject line - is that okay?

You can close it the topic for replies.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.