Project not accessible from localhost :running wamp server
Posted by: devuser12 (---.99.72.182.airtel.in)
Date: October 09, 2014 08:26AM

I have installed wamp 2.5
Created a folder in wamp/www/myproject/index.php and OS is Wndows 7 ,I am using user account(not admin account)running as administrator.

I am getting the following error :
This webpage is not available

The server at myproject can't be found, because the DNS lookup failed. DNS is the network service that translates a website's name to its Internet address. This error is most often caused by having no connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventing Google Chrome from accessing the network.

Tried running from admin account too but that also did not worked.
Tried running the application with off state of firewall too but that also did not work

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Project not accessible from localhost :running wamp server
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: October 09, 2014 11:09AM

How are you getting to your 'myproject' site i.e. what are you entering into the browsers address bar?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.