Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Cumulative update for 3.0.0. + missing localhost in url, projects don't launch
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: March 22, 2018 06:32PM

Hi,

> it also sometimes has the address 'http://project1/index.php'
project1 is the Server Name ; index.php is the name of the running file.

> 2) I don't see the virtual host on the front page of the wampserver - is that okay?
Not supported with Wampserver 2.5. Only with Wampserver 3.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cumulative update for 3.0.0. + missing localhost in url, projects don't launch
Posted by: Vanda (---.0.fullrate.ninja)
Date: March 22, 2018 07:05PM

Hi,

If I understand it correctly, now it's possible to upgrade directly to vers. 3.0.3. with this installation file:

1) Update Wampserver 2.5 64 bit x64 -> Wampserver 3.0.3 from your site [wampserver.aviatechno.net]?

2) And I don't need to follow the instructions from this sticky: Installing a new release of WAMPServer?

3) I need to have PHP vers 7 and 3.0.3. has PHP 7.0.3. It looks like I have to activate it?

Date: March 23, 2018 09:12AM

Hi,

> 1) Update Wampserver 2.5 64 bit x64 -> Wampserver 3.0.3
As indicated on the site, BEFORE updating 2.5 -> 3.0.3, make a full backup of the Wamp folder with all content.

Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: March 23, 2018 10:29AM

Hi,

So your answer must mean my question 2) is a no, which is a relief.

I will return when it's time for me to activate PHP 7 in 3.0.3.

Thank you so much for all your help in this forum, I really appreciate it a lot:-)

Vanda

Date: March 23, 2018 10:52AM

Hi,

> So your answer must mean my question 2) is a no, which is a relief.
Solution to consider only if the update 2.5 -> 3.0.3 presents a problem.
This update is two years old and the procedure to check if it still works is somewhat time-consuming and resource-intensive. I would have to uninstall both versions of Wampserver 3.1.3 to reinstall two versions 2.5 and, frankly, I don't want to do it at all.

Date: March 23, 2018 11:16AM

Hi,

No, of course you should not spend time on that. You are already doing a tremendous job, enough time consuming in itself. I'll just cross my fingers that everything turns out okay:-)

Kind regards

Vanda

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.