api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer
Posted by: sanket.adhvaryu (124.125.158.---)
Date: June 13, 2016 05:49AM

Hello There,

Can you please help me with my problem?

I have fresh WIN 7 OS installed few hours back.
Installed antivirus first to make sure PC is virus free.

And then I have tried installing WAMP ,latest version from this link:
[sourceforge.net].

WAMP is installed successfully but I am not able to start Apache service.

When I try to start Apache service,I am getting following message:

"The program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

I have installed every MS Visual C++ Redistributable packages except 2015 version.
I cannot install this version somehow,I am getting error each time,don't know why.

Can anyone please help me to solve this issue?

Thanks
Sanket.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: June 13, 2016 09:41AM

Hi,

> I have fresh WIN 7 OS installed few hours back.

Do you also install SP1 and ALL the updates?

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: June 13, 2016 10:32AM

Hello Otomatic,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I just updated my windows 7 and installed all MS Visual c++ redistributables and found that my problem is solved.

Thanks
Sanket.

Date: June 13, 2016 10:49AM

Mt mistakes are:

1. Installing wamp server without reading it's readme file.

2. Installing wamp server without installing any MS V C++ redistributable

3. Installing MS V C++ redistributable without upgrading windows

I have noticed that Latest version of MS V C++ will install only if you have service pack on OS.

Before upgrading there was just Windows 7 in my PC and after upgrading windows I can see that thisis Windows 7 with Service pack 1

Once again many thanks Otomatic for the reply.
Your reply help me solve my issue.

Posted by: SimonT (---.lightspeed.stlsmo.sbcglobal.net)
Date: June 14, 2016 08:40AM

I applaud you for explaining what you did wrong and taking responsibility for it - most people won't admit mistakes.

I do it all the time :-)

Posted by: etini2015 (197.210.227.---)
Date: April 15, 2018 04:53PM

I solved mine by God's grace. I went to dll-files.com to obtain the X64 version of it. I extracted it and placed it System32 folder for X64 dll files. (Note my laptop is X64 bit). I unintalled my VC 2015 and VC 2017 Rebooted my system Re-install VC 2015 and VC 2017 (X64) On re-installation of wamp the first error "api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1.0.dll" was solved. But another error showed up "api-ms-win-crt-stdio-l1-1-0". I still went back to dll-files to obtain the X64 of the dll file and extracted and pasted it in the System32 folder. Re-installed wamp, 2nd error solved but another third error came up. "api-ms-win-crt-string-l1-1-0" was the third error. So i finally decided to search and download all the "api-ms-win-crt" dll files on dll-files and extract and past them in System32 folder. This is the order of the later downloaded files "api-ms-win-crt-" files api-ms-win-crt-string-l1-1-0, api-ms-win-crt-math-l1-1-0, api-ms-win-crt-locale-l1-1-0, api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0, api-ms-win-crt-utility-l1-1-0, api-ms-win-crt-time-l1-1-0, api-ms-win-crt-process-l1-1-0, api-ms-win-crt-private-l1-1-0, api-ms-win-crt-multibyte-l1-1-0, api-ms-win-crt-filesystem-l1-1-0, api-ms-win-crt-environment-l1-1-0, api-ms-win-crt-conio-l1-1-0, api-ms-win-crt-convert-l1-1-0

Infact it was when re-installing wamp, after downloading the dll files from the first runtime error to this particular error in parentheses (api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0) that i decided to download all the remaining "api-ms-win-crt" dll files. After downloading and extracting them to the system32 file folder. I rebooted my system. Re-installed the mighty wamp, and guess what, it worked. I could test my localhost, php, mysql and web files. Just solved it today since January. Any dll error file shown at installation of wamp, must be downloaded.

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: April 15, 2018 05:12PM

Dont download MSVC Runtimes from dll stores. The runtime must be properly installed and go tfrom the Microsoft site. You have no idea what could have been dont to dll's you download from some random site.

How this fixed you system I have NO IDEA

PLEASE NOBODY FOLLOW THE ABOVE METHOD

Also note you dont have to install Visual Studio, you only need the MSVC Runtime libraries.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2018 02:35PM by RiggsFolly.

Date: April 15, 2018 05:28PM

Hi,

God had absolutely nothing to do with it.

Just read the displayed prerequisites BEFORE the installation actually begins.
You can also read (and apply) the contents of the readme.txt file on Sourceforge.
You can also read (and apply) the content displayed by the "See installation requirements" button on the site [wampserver.aviatechno.net]

You can also read the different messages displayed here as Notes.
- WAMPserver 3 - All you need to know
- TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS

All explanations, all download links, all possible tools are given.
It was RiggsFolly and I who wrote all these explanations, God if he exists, did absolutely nothing to explain how to install VC packages or VC runtime dlls.

Plus, as we say here in France, your ass is lined with noodles, because it works for you.
You downloaded files anywhere and your system didn't spin out of control or catch pox.

All VC++ packages, whatever they are, should only be downloaded from Microsoft, with the links that are given in the various explanations noted above.
If you had read these explanations, you would have seen that for your convenience, I have gathered everything you need:
- Verify that all VC ++ packages are installed and with the latest versions.
To do this, use the tool:
Checks VC++ packages installed
And you will find all the packages on [wampserver.aviatechno.net] in section Visual C++ Redistribuable Packages
Do not forget that if you have a 64 bit Windows, you must install both 32 and 64 bit versions of each package.
You must install each package "as an administrator", so right-click the exe file and then run as Administrator.
Do not use a previously loaded tool. Make a new download to make sure you are using the correct version.

But you, like many others, never want to read the explanations or instructions for use or even ask for advice before installing and do as you please.
As RiggsFolly wrote:
NEVER DOWNLOAD DLLs OTHER THAN ON THE MANUFACTURER'S SITE and especially not on sites providing thousands of DLLs for which there is no guarantee of source.
If your system ends up with malware, viruses, craptwares and other shit, don't complain.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2018 05:46PM by Otomatic.

Posted by: div2911 (157.37.219.---)
Date: April 20, 2018 05:16PM

same error as api-ms-runtime.... problem occur while installing 64 bit wampserver 3.1.0
what to do plzz help

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: April 20, 2018 05:26PM

Did you read the post above yours ???????

I guess not.

Also if you require help, then please read and answer the post titled Read and answer before you ask a question

Also the latest version of WAMPServer is V3.1.3 and can be found in the Backup Repo here It is often a little ahead of SourceForge as we dont have to jump through their hoops and wait for them to action requests for updates.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: jakk64 (---.w92-136.abo.wanadoo.fr)
Date: April 27, 2018 02:20PM

Hey guys,

I got the same error "api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing" on Win OS 64 with Wampserver 3.1.3

In the TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS, in the MS Visual C++ Redistributable packages section (20) :

- 20-a You may also need to install
Update for Universal C Runtime in Windows
This is necessary if you have errors of the style: api-ms-win-crt-runtimel1-1-0. dll is missing.
Windows 10, Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Vista Service Pack 2
Follow the links on this page for your specific environment
Update for Universal C Runtime in Windows

Just follow the link and install the right package. Then you will have to uninstall and then re install wampserver AFTER.

And the issue will be fixed !

Regards,
Jakk64

Date: April 27, 2018 02:58PM

Hi,

It's really nice to confirm that what we've been saying for hundreds of times is working well.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.