How to prevent to show direcotry listing in wampserver
Posted by: jemz (203.111.224.---)
Date: September 04, 2014 02:05PM

HI, I just want to ask some help,how can I prevent not to show the directory of my www directory,I made some port forwarding in public ip to my local I.P address, everytime I access the public I.P outside in our network it show the directory of my WWW,how can I prevent this to show the directories?.Is it possible if I will access the public I.P in the URL my website will just open not all the directory in my WWW.

More input will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How to prevent to show direcotry listing in wampserver
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: September 04, 2014 02:51PM

As you have to ask this question my only suggestion is to STOP port forwarding your router and DO NOT allow ANY ACCESS from the internet until you learn A LOT MORE about Apache and the environment you have just installed.

Please, for your own safety, learn to WALK before you try to RUN.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: jemz (203.111.224.---)
Date: September 04, 2014 03:29PM

HI,what we are doing is just only temporary.Is there a way to hide the directory ?

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: September 04, 2014 03:37PM

There should already be a index.php in the \wamp\www directoy, that should stop apache showing a directory listing, but it will of course show everybody how to access phpmyadmin and all the other standard and non standard bit of WAMPServer.

If you have overwritten what was installed in the \wamp\www\ folder (woops) just create a index.php file in there like this.

<?php
echo 'Welcome to me PC, all hackers welcome';
echo '<br>';
echo 'My bank account details can be found in the usual place';
echo '<br>';
echo 'You may start downloading any and all your backdoor scripts now as I have no idea what security module and extension I should apply before opening up my system to the world !!!!';
echo '<br>';
echo 'This is not a Honey Pot, just a beginner';
?>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.