WampServer Will Not Go Online
Posted by: Thomas Ephgrave (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: September 03, 2014 01:21PM

Hi,

I have recently downloaded WampServer onto my computer put whenever I try and get it online I get the message 'Could not execute menu item....'. Now I have been reading up online and gone through all of the things that I need to do to set it up - these are listed below:

1. I have made sure my firewall will let port 80 through and I have even run the Apache test and it says nothing is running on port 80 - it's empty!

2. I have made alterations to the hhtpd.conf and my.ini to try and make it run on a different port etc and still I am unsuccessful!

3. When I went online I also changed entered localhost: (the new port) which still didn't work and this was the same number that I put in the documents.

4. I have looked into the servers on my PC and turns out all the servers that interfere with WampServer I haven't got on my PC anyway so they can't be doing anything.

5. Finally, I have resulted to set up a New Rule in my firewall to let everything pass through port 80 and the number I set in the documents and this is unsuccessful.

I think it is either the Apache or the PHP as these both have errors on their error logs.

If anyone could suggest anything it would be much appreciated and I can send logs as well if you need them.

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WampServer Will Not Go Online
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: September 03, 2014 01:29PM

Hi Thomas,

Can we start with the basics please, can you answer these questions READ THIS BEFORE YOU ASK A QUESTION

Also if when you tested port 80 it said nothing was running on it, please put Apache back to listen on port 80 again.

Can yo also check that you have all the possibly required Microsoft Visual C/C++ runtime libraries installed on your system. See this post for instructions on that Error MSVCR100.DLL Solution Thats runtime libraries and not the complete Visual Studio install by the way.

Oh and by the way, it is not necessary to 'Put Online' WAMPServer for it to function normally. The Put Online just changes the Apache security so that it is allowed to accept connections from ANY IP, where in normal operation WAMPServers Apache will only accept connections from 127.0.0.1, localhost and ::1 all 3 of which are pseudonyms for THE PC RUNNING WAMPServer. Its a security measure as WAMPServer is designed to be a developer tool and not a live web server.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2014 01:48PM by RiggsFolly.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.