64 bit vs 32 bit
Posted by: aguynamedmatt75 (---.stat.centurytel.net)
Date: June 02, 2016 05:09PM

Hi everyone,

I am going to use WampServer to run a large in-house PHP program for our firm that is very heavily used both locally and externally in a production environment. I will be installing it on x64 Windows Server 2012 that is loaded up with several processors, 256 gig of ram, etc.

Ideally I think using WAMP 64 bit would be preferable so I can utilize the full resources of my server but I've also read many places that WAMP Server 64 bit was not recommended for production sites as it was still experimental. Is this information old and outdated? Is WAMPServer 3.0 x64 bit now stable and safe to use for production sites?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 64 bit vs 32 bit
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: June 02, 2016 05:54PM

The reference to EXPERIMENTAL was related to ALL versions of PHP prior to PHP7

It is only in PHP7 that PHP was fully ported to 64bit.

That was the only experimental bit, and applied to all 64bit PHP installations on windows prior to PHP7 regardless of where you got your PHP from, WAMPServer / XAMPP / Manual install / etc / etc.

That still applies if you are going to use a version of PHP prior to PHP7.0.0

PHP7.0.7 is now available as an ADDON to WAMPServer 3 installations

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.