error #2002, server refusing connection
Posted by: mjd1953 (12.151.203.---)
Date: May 24, 2016 06:18PM

Wampserver 2.5; Apache 2.4.9; PHP 5.5.12; MySQL 5.6.17

This thing has been working like a champ for months now. And then I hit an error (#2006) in PHPMyAdmin while trying to import a table with a row that had 4MB of data in it. Reading through the Forum, I found some things to try to fix that issue (tweaking POST_MAX_SIZE value, wait_timeout, MAX_ALLOWED_PACKET value, etc.) and in the process, have hosed up my install... Apache and PHP (I think) both start, but MySQL, no. I'm getting an orange wamp icon. Tried stopping, starting, restarting, etc. Even un-did the changes I'd made to the settings above. Still not resolved. Not concerned with the 2006 error, as I figured out a workaround (just deleted the offending row before importing), but the 2002 error has me dead in the water. Will appreciate any help in getting this thing back in operation.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: error #2002, server refusing connection
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: May 24, 2016 08:31PM

Hi,

Simple answer, dont follow fixes on the internet that you do not understand or are not prepared to research until you do understand them.

The simples solution to loading a backup into any MYSQL database is to use the "MYSQL Console" and inport the database through that.

UNDO all the ill advised changes you made to `my.ini` and try using the MYSQL console

mysql> source path\to\file\backup.php

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: May 24, 2016 08:48PM

OK, I am adequately--and rightfully--chastised. The thing is, the changes I made were changes I found as recommended elsewhere on this forum. And while I am by no means an expert, I'm reasonably comfortable with the behind-the-scenes stuff, and the changes that were recommended made sense to me. But you're right... I should have assumed I knew nothing and hit the forum first. But I didn't...

I made one change to my.ini, but I did UNDO it, but to no avail. Don't know if it helps any, but the php error log is reporting the following:

[24-May-2016 18:29:10 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.5.12/ext/php_intl.dll' - The specified module could not be found.

in Unknown on line 0

[24-May-2016 18:29:10 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.5.12/ext/php_ldap.dll' - The specified module could not be found.

in Unknown on line 0

The files are there (I checked), and I didn't change anything having to do with file paths.

I acknowledge what I *should* have done, but I didn't -- and so am hoping you can help.

Date: May 24, 2016 09:35PM

Hi

Do this

left click wampmanager -> Apache -> Version -> 2.4.9 ( click the 2.4.9 manu item)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: May 24, 2016 09:40PM

OK, I followed those instructions. 2.4.9 was already checked, and clicking it did not uncheck it. It also didn't resolve the issue. Should that action have changed something?

Date: May 24, 2016 11:22PM

The error should bo longer be produced in the php error log.

Remember to empty the error log or at least look at the date time of error messages

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.