So bummed with this app
Posted by: PierreMarqua (---.cpt.mweb.co.za)
Date: May 24, 2016 04:24PM

So i am brand new to WAMP and not a techie.. i tried installing it, but it wouldnt..
I dont know what Vistual++ is, nor do i know where to run an update (windows 10 - brand new machine)
This is to be the most user unfriendly product i have encountered in ages.
Then i hit up the forum, to discover rudeness and aggressiveness to people asking questions from the moderators.

But hey, what do you guys care hey.
Hint: Get your installer to do everything, hence installer or make a fool proof guide for us non technical peeps to trying to build a wordpress site as easy as possible to understand.

Again, seriously dissapointed in you guys

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: So bummed with this app
Posted by: Samuel_r (---.radionetwork.com.ua)
Date: May 24, 2016 04:32PM

Pierre,

Right after clicking through the user policy is a screen with instructions on what needs to be installed to make the program work. There are about 8 links to different Visual++ plugins that need to be installed (bot the 32 bit and 64 bit versions need to be installed regardless of what version and platform you are using. Hope that helps!

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: May 24, 2016 05:06PM

Hi Pierre

Sorry about the "rudeness and aggressiveness to people asking questions", it is sometimes a little difficult to keep ones cool when people ask questions about things that are HIGHLIGHTED in the install dialogs.

If you decided not to read this information when you ran the install, you will find it in this file
`\wamp\install-english.txt`

In there you will find the information that you ignored in the install process. You will also find links to the microsoft site where these "Visual C/C++ runtime redistributables" can be easily downloaded.

This information can also be found here on the forum in a post called WAMPServer 3 All you need to know

For future reference these runtime libraries are used by programs (Apache, wampmanager etc) that are compiled with Microsofts `Visual C/C++ Compiler`
These libraries are used by almost anything that is compiled with that compiler and not just programs that are part of WAMPServer. So in many cases they will already be installed on a computer, and probably should have been installed by the W10 installation, but are not, for reasons known only to Microsoft.

When judging WAMPServer please remember the huge amount of money you paid for this package and the equally hugh amount you and others pay for SUPPORT!

I hope this helps in some little way.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2016 08:36PM by RiggsFolly.

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: May 24, 2016 05:18PM

Hi,

> This is to be the most user unfriendly product i have encountered in ages.

No one has put you a gun to your head to force you to use Wampserser.
Similarly if you are not happy with your grocer, you go the other; well do the same, take another local server.
I note that the installer of Wampserver just before the installation actually starts, displayed you the prerequisites you need to do BEFORE starting the installation.
If you do not want to read, I have nothing to do; the fault lies in you.

> Get your installer to do everything,
It is totally impossible to create an installer that checks the installations redistributable packages VC ++. Even Microsoft does not have a tool to check it.
However, in the Tools section of Secondary repository of Wampserver files I created an experimental tool to check the VC ++ package that might fail. And in the "Visual C ++ Redistributable Packages" section, you have ALL the packages on a single page; Microsoft has not done better.

As for you with a guide to install Wordpress, it is up to Wordpress designers.

> Again, seriously dissapointed in you guys
So go elsewhere to see if the grass is greener.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.